Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans giving it large today in 1901 section

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
West stand lower right of half way line .about 8 west ham giving it large when they scored full credit to the Albion stewards who reacted very quickly and them removed them.only for at the start of the 2nd half about 6 returned to their seats.spoke to 2 who didn't get removed and to there credit they apologized for the others then told me they were guests of the match sponsor.something needs to be done not 1st time this season this has happened.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hospitality is fair game. Supposedly, corporate guests are above tribal rivalry.

If you want to be among Brighton (and the odd Man U fan getting absolutely ripped to shreds) put the prawn sarnie down and come into a proper home section. :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Were they just celebrating a goal or actually taunting and giving it the biggie to the fans around them?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They were just generally cheering the goal behind us.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Few in East Upper. One near us was sulking in the 2nd half! Stomped off when Welbs headed the 3rd !

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Both big style as I said not the 1st time

Hopefully you gave it large back at full time singing "1-0 up and you fecked it up", followed by a full throated rendition of "stick your bubbles up your @rse".

That will keep them quiet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not for the first time this season….fans need to grow up! Christ, if you get annoyed about someone celebrating a goal for the opposite team in a relatively meaningless end of season match then you really need to take a good look at yourself.

Pathetic! Always amuses me how some people use Football as a vehicle to preach tolerance and acceptance across wider society but can’t deal with someone in near proximity following a different team to them. I guess we can add it to the very very long list of Football’s double standards

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There were a few typical 'Baked Bean Man' middle aged West Ham fans at the back of ESL giving it large for a while.

They went quiet later, not sure why...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A loud rendition of “forever blowing bubbles” by a table of them in the Mayo lounge an hour after the game was our cue to leave :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A loud rendition of “forever blowing bubbles” by a table of them in the Mayo lounge an hour after the game was our cue to leave :shrug:

Had the police arrived before you left? I wandered through and was surprised to see c10 making their way over to a group of people…

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry I was waylaid elsewhere yesterday, on Sunday remembering a West Ham supporting former work colleague who died in January aged 60, I took his two sons, two former work colleagues and a family member, all West Ham fans in The Goldstone Restaurant 1901 East

Excellent day out, club put on a great spread, excellent interaction with Mullers, Bobby Z, Bob Booker and Dick Knight in the lounge.

To the game, when Antonio scored, against the run of play, my party celebrated, not overly, but celebrated a goal.

From then on, they were subjected to various abuse, and not just after the three Albion goals, which I naturally celebrated, by a number of middle aged men in replica shirts and in fact a woman there with her son, aged about 12, who gave my party the finger after each goal.

The sting in the tail is that one of the West Ham fans with me called a w*****, c*** and told to f*** off was my brother in law, Upton Park born and bred John Keeley, 138 games for the Albion, 1989 player of the year, and Goalkeeping coach at the Withdean from 2000-07.

JCLs' don't you just love them...…..

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Standing in the NS queue on Sunday I was shocked to see West Ham fans going into the store, in their West Ham shirts, and coming out with the cheapest BHAFC t-shirts and putting them on over their WH shirts. Presumably they had tickets for an area where they shouldn't have had tickets.

There could have been no doubt that the store staff would have known what was going on. I saw one guy come out with three t-shirts and then run off up the steps after his mates. Then another guy came out with two, handed one to his mate, and they both put them on over their WH tops.

Profit before safety & security apparently.

Only a matter of time before selling BHAFC tops to opposing fans so they can access parts of the ground where they are not supposed to be goes badly wrong.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Standing in the NS queue on Sunday I was shocked to see West Ham fans going into the store, in their West Ham shirts, and coming out with the cheapest BHAFC t-shirts and putting them on over their WH shirts. Presumably they had tickets for an area where they shouldn't have had tickets.

There could have been no doubt that the store staff would have known what was going on. I saw one guy come out with three t-shirts and then run off up the steps after his mates. Then another guy came out with two, handed one to his mate, and they both put them on over their WH tops.

Only a matter of time before selling BHAFC tops to opposing fans so they can access parts of the ground where they are not supposed to be goes badly wrong.
Agree back to my original post away fans in home area's need to show respect at all times to where they are .when you get a group standing up giving it large sorry to say it shouldn't happen but generally they deserve the grief they will encounter.the rules generally state away fans are not permitted in home ends.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sorry I was waylaid elsewhere yesterday, on Sunday remembering a West Ham supporting former work colleague who died in January aged 60, I took his two sons, two former work colleagues and a family member, all West Ham fans in The Goldstone Restaurant 1901 East

Excellent day out, club put on a great spread, excellent interaction with Mullers, Bobby Z, Bob Booker and Dick Knight in the lounge.

To the game, when Antonio scored, against the run of play, my party celebrated, not overly, but celebrated a goal.

From then on, they were subjected to various abuse, and not just after the three Albion gaols, which I naturally celebrated, by a number of middle aged men in replica shirts and in fact a woman there with her son, aged about 12, who gave my party the finger after each goal.

The sting in the tail is that one of the West Ham fans with me called a w*****, c*** and told to f*** off was my brother in law, Upton Park born and bred John Keeley, 138 games for the Albion, 1989 player of the year, and Goalkeeping coach at the Withdean from 2000-07.

JCLs' don't you just love them...…..

Sorry they had to go through that, I would have thought 1901 seats to be a little more accepting tbh

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I'm absolutely amazed that the club would allow that to happen. Have you raised it with them? I'd be really interested to hear their response. Presumably the shop is well covered by CCTV, so it would be really easy for them to verify your claims.

They won't allow fans to have bottle tops in their possession, but they'll turn a blind eye to away fans blatantly buying merchandise to access home areas of the ground? Something doesn't quite add up there to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here