Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Relegation Pick N Mix: Players To Sign

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ben Foster. He’s old. If he’s happy to be number 2 behind Sanchez I think his experience will help push Sanchez on. Probably too expensive. Short term move. Won’t like being a number 2, not inspired.

No. Was giving it large at the start of the season saying that we will be relegated in a podcast. Was highly critical.

Made me happy when he got relegated. I'd happily send him a middle finger and a copy of his Brighton prediction if I knew how to. He can stay in the Championship, again.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm not sure any of the relegated players would be good enough to challenge for a starting spot.

Don't forget we've already signed Undav and Mitoma who are both returning next season. We should have a fit Sarmiento as well.

We seem to able to turn over good sides now - Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves, Man Utd, West Ham just recently. One of them would have been a fluke, but all five? Something is happening.
I've always understood we've been a work in progress, but we do seem to have 'clicked' of late. The goals are now coming from all over the pitch.

Personally, I absolutely can't wait for next season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pukki?

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Cornet has that special quality about him, Dennis potentially? As a guess, I don't honestly think we will go in for any though!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The main consideration will be if we can grab a bargain. Someone like Veltman or Lallana for virtually nothing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I could see Tarkowski and Sarr both at Newcastle next season. Emanuel Dennis is also a decent striker, slightly better than Cornet but I think we can get better value. I don't see anyone else from the bottom 3 making our matchday squad stronger.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wouldn't say no to Cornet. But that might be because he's the only player with a spark of ability in a very workmanlike team. He might not actually fit into our style.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Couple of players in each team would improve the squad but IMO no one worth the chase really... signing relegated PL players is usually more expensive than looking elsewhere for players of a similar level.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He only has a year left on his contract

We could do far worse then with signings.

If as a back-up or one of three for two positions, he’d surely go to someone either bigger or richer. But if we lost Lamptey or wanted someone who won’t get injured as much he’d be a good player who Potter would play all over the field. Lamptey seems to be the player who’s missed the most time and who’s spot has been the most ‘makeshift’.

March etc. probably the reason we don’t need him more a luxury, but I prefer Veltman playing in a back three so wouldn’t count him for wing back unit myself except in an emergency. So as close to a ‘need’ as any position probably.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Watford have a couple of good players,really like Pedro,Trouble is now the EPL have decided there's nothing fishy about Newcastles ownership they will hoover up all the could be brilliant players for shits and giggles.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm stunned it took that long for someone to mention the Raumdeuter :bowdown:

Incidentally, was anyone keeping count yesterday ? I thought I saw 2 fulls and a half

I think you are right, no repeat doubles which was a shame.

To this day surely opposition coaches what us before a game and tell their players, this is what he will do so plan for it

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Cornet. Cucu Hernandez is a very Brighton signing. McNeil obviously.
But this summer we should stick to our guns. Don’t forget we almost added Luis Diaz and Darwin Nunez to this squad at points over the last couple of seasons- it’s beyond the imaginable where we would’ve finished with those two in our squad.
The breakout player id be looking to sign as an absolute priority is Bassey at Rangers. The guy has immense potential and is left footed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here