Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's hear it for the old men

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you are going to sign loads of very talented youngsters and get the best out of them, then it's not a bad idea to put them around a few seriously good, experienced old men like Dunk, Veltman, Gross and Welbeck :bowdown:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah very good balanxe in the squad.
Lallana seems increasingly unnecessary on the pitch though.
Hoping the club will be focusing on his coaching skills next season

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If you are going to sign loads of very talented youngsters and get the best out of them, then it's not a bad idea to put them around a few seriously good, experienced old men like Dunk, Veltman, Gross and Welbeck :bowdown:

Exactly!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah very good balanxe in the squad.
Lallana seems increasingly unnecessary on the pitch though.
Hoping the club will be focusing on his coaching skills next season
I thought it was odd to see him warming up completely on his own before the game. Quality player but I'm not sure where he fits in, other than a squad player on the periphery? But I guess when/if injuries kick in he'll be called/relied upon?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought it was odd to see him warming up completely on his own before the game. Quality player but I'm not sure where he fits in, other than a squad player on the periphery? But I guess when/if injuries kick in he'll be called/relied upon?

Lallana will be there when necessary but we have had a frighteningly young first team squad this season

17- Ferguson
19 - Sarmiento, Offiah
20 - Caicedo
21- Tariq
23 - Cuc, AliMac, Moder, Alzate
24 - Big Bob, Enock
25 - Maupay

and that's without the players out on loan

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

You're correct, but luckily for us they're young old'uns. 30, 30, 30 and 31.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here