Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] List of good things about Leeds

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
* The Department of Politics & International Relations at the University
* The music scene in the 1980s/1990s - Sisters of Mercy, Gang of Four, The Mekons, The Wedding Present, Soft Cell,
Chumbawamba, and Utah Saints.
* The former Indie nightclubs, Le Phonographique and The Warehouse (Friday nights).
* Headingley - lovely large red-brick Victorian houses and tree-lined streets in a bohemian suburb in north-west Leeds.
* Some great pubs back in the day (some still going) -The Faversham, The Fenton, The Royal Oak, The Sky Rack, and
The Chemic.
* The Hyde Park Cinema (still going, I believe) which showed films at midnight on Fridays - which is when and where I
first saw The Blues Brothers, The Wicker Man, and Last Tango in Paris.

Last edited:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
* The Department of Politics & International Relations at the University
* The music scene in the 1980s/1990s - Sisters of Mercy, Gang of Four, The Mekons, The Wedding Present, Soft Cell,
Chumbawamba, and Utah Saints.
* The former Indie nightclubs, Le Phonographique and The Warehouse (Friday nights).
* Headingley - lovely large red-brick Victorian houses and tree-lined streets in a bohemian suburb in north-west Leeds.
* Some great pubs back in the day (some still going) -The Faversham, The Fenton, The Royal Oak, The Sky Rack, and
The Chemic.
* The Hyde Park Cinema (still going, I believe) which showed films at midnight on Fridays - which is when and where I
first saw The Blues Brothers, The Wicker Man, and Last Tango in Paris.

The Mekons :thumbsup:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Victorian shopping arcades are very impressive pieces of architecture, and the Kirkgate Market is pretty good as markets go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chicken Korma and Chips at Nafees ( now called Balti King :facepalm: ) - food of the gods.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My immediate boss, who is a lifelong local Leeds fan, did something extremely kind and beyond the call of duty for me this week. In fact, they have been immensely supportive of me on a personal basis for months. So, despite my disliking of Leeds United in general, I'm looking at it differently.

And now I'm looking at it differently, Leeds United is a massive club that, let's face it, belongs in the top flight.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
742EF7F5-9FF6-4FA6-BB21-D3466FD836EB.jpeg

The giant hanging naan breads at Akbars Indian restaurant.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like Leeds - have had some great nights out there

The Warehouse club in the early 80s is a particularly good memory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here