Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v West Ham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Sunday 22nd May 2022
Kick-off: 16:00 BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: Andy Davies
VAR: Simon Hooper
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Brighton midfielder Enock Mwepu returns to the squad after recovering from a hamstring problem ahead of schedule.

Jeremy Sarmiento and Jakub Moder remain long-term absentees.

West Ham winger Said Benrahma should be fit after shaking off the ankle injury which has plagued him for the past few weeks.

Issa Diop also has an ankle issue and is likely to join fellow defender Angelo Ogbonna on the sidelines.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in all nine Premier League meetings with West Ham, with the last six all ending level (W3, D6).
    [*=left]The Hammers have two wins from their 13 games at Brighton in all competitions (D5, L6).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have suffered just one defeat in eight league matches (W4, D3).
    [*=left]Albion have lost the final game in three of their four Premier League campaigns, winning the other at Burnley in 2019-20.
    [*=left]The Seagulls will finish with a club record Premier League points total, having already surpassed their previous best of 41.
    [*=left]Nineteen of Brighton's 48 league points have come at home, with only Watford earning fewer on their own patch.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck has scored four top-flight goals against West Ham.
West Ham

• [*=left]West Ham have won their final Premier League match in four of the past five seasons, drawing the other.
    [*=left]The Hammers have failed to win an away game this season against sides currently in the top half of the table (D1, L7).
    [*=left]Jarrod Bowen has scored 12 Premier League goals this term, the most by a West Ham player since Marlon Harewood netted 14 in 2005-06.
    [*=left]Mark Noble's first West Ham goal came against Brighton in a 3-0 FA Cup victory in January 2007.

Graham Potter's West Ham Press Conference

[tweet]1528375127452155906[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1528375127452155906

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Last game of the season, please make it go out with a bang by getting 3 points today . We want the top ten finish that is clearly within our ability. Brighton have a good record against West Ham , we sneaked a draw up there but let’s go one better today. Should be a lively game, especially if they bring Zouma the cat-kicker.....

Always Albion! :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"You're forever throwing bottles.
Pretty bottles in the air".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Thank you [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] for all your match thread postings this season. They underpin the voicing of despair and joy!! We all take it for granted..., but we appreciate it. Thanks, mate!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thank you [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] for all your match thread postings this season. They underpin the voicing of despair and joy!! We all take it for granted..., but we appreciate it. Thanks, mate!

Second that, outstanding contribution and always on time [emoji1303]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You're welcome. :blush:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is it permissable to have an earpiece in to listen to the relegation scrap?
Also, need a single point to secure our rightful position above Palace and earn me my bet against my Palace mate, for the first time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'll watch the game obviously but have to admit I'm slightly more interested in the top/bottom and might throw goat eyes in those directions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Far from a dead rubber this one. Albion in with a shout of finishing 8th, Hammers in with a shout of finishing 6th. Should be a cracker! :clap:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Add my thanks to [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] for the sterling job all season :clap:

Just seen someone in the stripes this morning. Nothing unusual in that on matchday but I am nearly 1400 miles away. Missing the last game of the season for the first time in years but will just have to console myself watching a dodgy stream whilst laying in the sun with a cold beer. Give the boys a wave from me :bigwave:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Another thank you, can't imagine a Game Day without a Dick Head Introduction. :p

As a matter of interest - why all the 4PM starts, what was wrong with traditional 3PM kick-offs?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here