Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dorking Wanderers

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There's a good ongoing fly on the wall documentary about them over on YouTube:

I've watched that and their other series for a while. Just wish the narrator would cut out the stupid puns.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I grew up in Dorking too (well one of the villages just outside), and remember watching Wanderers predecessors from the car park behind M&S when they played Plymouth in the first round of the cup!

The Malthouse is long gone now. After it lost it's license it spent time as a youth center... which always seemed a bit ironic to me. 🤣

I've been meaning to pay a visit to Meadowbank for a while now as I want to see what the ground is like since it was redeveloped. I was supposed to do an FA safeguarding course there, but the pandemic intervened.

Westcot perhaps?

Ah yes, I’d heard it was a youth centre! Bizarre! Must be 20 years since I’ve gone round that way. If I go back we drink in Kings Arms or Old House At Home.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I've mentioned the town's name to quite a few Americans over the years, and they love it. Potential overseas marketing opportunities for the club? Any excuse to play this number...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Westcot perhaps?

Ah yes, I’d heard it was a youth centre! Bizarre! Must be 20 years since I’ve gone round that way. If I go back we drink in Kings Arms or Old House At Home.

North Holmwood, so my childhood and teenage years were spent running around the common rather than trying to get in the Yeoman 😂.

I used to be a regular at the King's Arms when I worked up the road at the business park, used to quite like going in the Bulls Head too.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I remember when I lived in Dorking in early 90s the old club made the FA Cup 1st round, apart from that no one mentioned the team at all. I’m amazed the ground remained as hasn’t been bought and developed as house prices in Dorking are ridiculous. Amazing feat for Wanderers to rise up the leagues

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In the pub ? Or elsewhere in Dorking? I had some odd years there as a teenager. I go back about once a year to see friends and yeah, it’s an odd old town.
Good and bad memories in equal measure.
Elsewhere in the town, but went to the pub many lunchtimes to play pool.

Mrs Bobkin and I randomly stopped there there years before and thought it was a lovely place. Sadly, years of dealing with entitled residents, numerous charity shops and navigating the one-way system took its toll!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You mean the enormous shiny erection on the Deepdene roundabout?

(Other double-entendres are available)

First thing I look for when I get into Dorking is a big shiny cock.

Then pop in to see the lovely Liz for a trim.

Blessed days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dorking though, lovely to look at, bit of a toilet in other respects.

A lovely town one would think, upper middle class, sitruated in the picturesque Surrey Hills, and both are true. However hidden away behind the scenes are a couple of quite large ex council housing estates, which are quite downtrodden.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A lovely town one would think, upper middle class, sitruated in the picturesque Surrey Hills, and both are true. However hidden away behind the scenes are a couple of quite large ex council housing estates, which are quite downtrodden.

Goodwins estate? I seem to remember going there to procure various tinctures and medicinal powders many, many moons ago.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Goodwins estate? I seem to remember going there to procure various tinctures and medicinal powders many, many moons ago.

Yes that may of been one of them. I know l had need to take the bus from Dorking to Horsham a few months ago, and was really surprised to see the sorry run down state of some of the houses.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes that may of been one of them. I know l had need to take the bus from Dorking to Horsham a few months ago, and was really surprised to see the sorry run down state of some of the houses.

Yeah, a short drive along Flint Hill / Horsham Rd and you get to the badlands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here