Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Where is this?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hi,
We were watching an episode of Cuffs today.
It's set in Brighton and we love seeing our old hometown and many changes since we were last there.
Can anyone tell me where this is please?
It looked a bit like the entrance to Queens park but not sure.
20220521_085520.jpg

Hopefully someone knows it. :thumbsup:

For the clever clogs, yes it's our lounge :)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Eastern Road, just before Sussex Square. The Kiosk used to be a bus shelter I seem to remember...

Now a small outpost from the Marmalade restaurant (which is just across the road) - seems to sell coffee and cakes. Pretty much always a queue outside. I would guess that the Kiosk newsagents closed down about 2 years ago, or so?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Didn't that Marmalade eatery close a year back?

I lived a few paces from The Kiosk for many years, we used to get our treats there, run inevitably by a Mr Patel.

It was open last Saturday, see post above yours. I must admit I didn’t take much notice of the name but the place was very busy when I went past.

Where did you live in that area and when?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was open last Saturday, see post above yours. I must admit I didn’t take much notice of the name but the place was very busy when I went past.

Where did you live in that area and when?

[The windows at Marmalade were all whitewashed up a few months ago .... must've been a refurb then? Lovely brunches and cakes there].

I lived in Sussex Square/Rock Street 1987 to 1994.

A true story - despite being big on going out and drinking, not once did I/we visit The Rock nor the I Go Inn. They were 30 seconds away!

Because I had tunnel vision for the many attractions of central Brighton .... for 25 years :drink::rave::) . The nearest pub we ever met up was The Hand in Hand.

What about you?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What about you?

Eastern Road almost opposite Bristol Place, approximately 91-94.
The pub opposite The Rock was called The I Go Inn, the only time I went in The Rock was to do some plumbing and that was a few years after moving from Eastern Road.
Occasionally I went in The Bush, but I didn’t go out much around that time because I had very young children and money was tight.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nick Cave is a regular there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,
We were watching an episode of Cuffs today.
It's set in Brighton and we love seeing our old hometown and many changes since we were last there.
Can anyone tell me where this is please?
It looked a bit like the entrance to Queens park but not sure.
View attachment 148076

Hopefully someone knows it. :thumbsup:

For the clever clogs, yes it's our lounge :)

Cuffs was pretty low budget (as if you couldn't tell) so they had to stick to filming in quiet areas. I remember Madeira drive being used quite a bit and places like underneath the shoreham flyover.

Grace is better for seeing more of Brighton.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Guy who ran it used to walk around barefoot. Hadn’t cleaned or trimmed his finger or toenails for months?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eastern Road almost opposite Bristol Place, approximately 91-94.
The pub opposite The Rock was called The I Go Inn, the only time I went in The Rock was to do some plumbing and that was a few years after moving from Eastern Road.
Occasionally I went in The Bush, but I didn’t go out much around that time because I had very young children and money was tight.

When I first moved there in 87, there was also The Clyde Arms in Bristol Gardens and The Whitehawk Inn. The former later closed for houses, the latter due to violence I think. I didn’t visit those either.

I was driving along Bristol Gardens once late in the evening, when a drunk staggered out of The Clyde and tried to kick my car. I then played a game off driving off 50 yards, he’d drunkenly chase after my car, then I’d repeat. Went on for some time. Childish I know, but I found it amusing. I was young.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When I first moved there in 87, there was also The Clyde Arms in Bristol Gardens and The Whitehawk Tavern. The former later closed for houses, the latter due to violence I think. I didn’t visit those either.

I was driving along Bristol Gardens once late in the evening, when a drunk staggered out of The Clyde and tried to kick my car. I then played a game off driving off 50 yards, he’d drunkenly chase after my car, then I’d repeat. Went on for some time. Childish I know, but I found it amusing. I was young.

The Clyde had some sort of riot one night, I remember reading about it, I don’t remember the year or why it went off.
I thought the Whitehawk closed many years before The Clyde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here