Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Invasions

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
The recent debate, as well as Jonathan Wilson's article yesterday, got me thinking about the best Albion pitch invasions I have participated in.

In no particular order, the following come to mind:

Shrewsbury Town 2001. Lost 3-0 but got promoted for the first time in ages. Great atmosphere on the pitch, chatted with some shrews. Managed to get into away end despite it being sold out.

Notts County 2011. The Meadow Lane Love In. This was actually a home fan invasion. They chanted "you are going up". We chanted "you are staying up". :kiss:

Walsall 2011. Foil trophies. Benett's goal. Lovely stuff.

Falmer 2017. Obviously. Singing about Kolo Toure the highlight.

Any advances?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
V Swindon in the play-offs. The wife was one of the first on, dancing with Fat Steve (RIP). Sky picked up the footage of them dancing and it was used on the promo clips leading up to the final in Cardiff. Was a joyous invasion, don’t remember anyone lumping any Swindon players, or fans.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Win against Ipswich to put us in the play-offs, 1991 season. My claim to fame is that I was first on the pitch out of the North Stand. Don't worry Barber, I'm near the back these days !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Win against Ipswich to put us in the play-offs, 1991 season. My claim to fame is that I was first on the pitch out of the North Stand. Don't worry Barber, I'm near the back these days !!

The Dean Wilkins last minute free kick that stopped the Champagne popping at Barnsley (?)

Jimmy Grimble

I was going to say in one of the recent threads that we probably had the most pitch invasions out of anyone during our Withdean years - felt like we had one every season!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What felt like the whole of 1996/97.

They were far from the best. The saddest.

And obviously, Doncaster, the most heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
1988 vs Bristol Rovers, promotion behind Sunderland secured with a win. Premature invasion when the ref blew for offside but Garry Nelson raised his arms as he thought it was full time. Stands started to empty, realised it wasn’t the end of the match so everyone retreated about as far as the cinder track around the edge of the pitch. Ref blew for full time pretty quickly after that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Against Portsmouth at the Goldstone (think it was the FA cup game in 1993)…..followed by a hasty retreat :lolol: back to the sanctuary of the north stand.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Against Portsmouth at the Goldstone…..followed by a hasty retreat:lolol:

We got our arses kicked by them more than once. Although I'm sure PPF will be along to claim glorious victory is some minor incident.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1988 vs Bristol Rovers, promotion behind Sunderland secured with a win. Premature invasion when the ref blew for offside but Garry Nelson raised his arms as he thought it was full time. Stands started to empty, realised it wasn’t the end of the match so everyone retreated about as far as the cinder track around the edge of the pitch. Ref blew for full time pretty quickly after that.
Classic season, my favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here