Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Swan Falmer after West Ham

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
A friend has suggested meeting in the Swan after the West Ham game. I haven’t had a drink in there after a game for years and it was pretty busy. I was in there on Thursday evening and they still seemed fairly COVID cautious. I wondered if they were restricting numbers after the game. Anyone know?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
A friend has suggested meeting in the Swan after the West Ham game. I haven’t had a drink in there after a game for years and it was pretty busy. I was in there on Thursday evening and they still seemed fairly COVID cautious. I wondered if they were restricting numbers after the game. Anyone know?

We go three pre match no where near as busy as it used to be, possibly because it is about the only pub in Sussex that still has covid restrictions! Apparently one of the bar staff is vulnerable which is why they are so cautious.
No chance of being full after the game, and assuming weather will be good, there is tons of outdoor space and a bar in the barn, so not a problem if the pub itself is full.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
We go three pre match no where near as busy as it used to be, possibly because it is about the only pub in Sussex that still has covid restrictions! Apparently one of the bar staff is vulnerable which is why they are so cautious.
No chance of being full after the game, and assuming weather will be good, there is tons of outdoor space and a bar in the barn, so not a problem if the pub itself is full.

Thanks for the info. My mate is coming to the match with a French friend who wants to drink in a typically English pub which in normal times it would fit perfectly neither too corporate or over gentrified still retaining its dartboard and a centre of village life. Pity about the plastic screens etc. though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Word to the wise. We went there pre-match for the first time in ages for the Saints game, and the bar in the barn was cash only. Not sure if that was a one off or a regular thing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the info. My mate is coming to the match with a French friend who wants to drink in a typically English pub which in normal times it would fit perfectly neither too corporate or over gentrified still retaining its dartboard and a centre of village life. Pity about the plastic screens etc. though.

The Swan in Lewes is a good choice both pre and post match if you want a typically English pub with a garden, good food, music, lots of beer choices. And not far from the station. (Probably a faff if you’re in Brighton tho)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Word to the wise. We went there pre-match for the first time in ages for the Saints game, and the bar in the barn was cash only. Not sure if that was a one off or a regular thing.

Yes, it's a regular thing (unless they've got a card machine in the last month). Given that the ground is cash free it's a right faff and, along with the continuing Covid restrictions there means I'll give the Swan a swerve.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last time I went in The Swan, about 9 years ago, I was served by a barmaid with a tattoo on the back of her neck that said 'I'm loving angels instead'.

I've never been remotely tempted to go there again.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Last time I went in The Swan, about 9 years ago, I was served by a barmaid with a tattoo on the back of her neck that said 'I'm loving angels instead'.

You missed out as she would have offered you protection, love and affection.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Given that the ground is cash free it's a right faff and, along with the continuing Covid restrictions there means I'll give the Swan a swerve.

Mmm this boozer is looking more and more attractive as this thread progresses….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

...and one on her lower back that said "Let me entertain you"...?

...and a W on each of her buttocks. When she bent over, wow!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Swan in Lewes is a good choice both pre and post match if you want a typically English pub with a garden, good food, music, lots of beer choices. And not far from the station. (Probably a faff if you’re in Brighton tho)

Or walk over Juggs Road to the stadium.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What are the restrictions? Masks? Table service? Was planning on going tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just masks at the bar, I think. It was for the last match anyway.

Masks at the bar indoors and in the barn.

And I didn't mean to be rude to The Swan in my earlier post, because I've had some good Albion related times there, but the stadium is card only and no one bothers with mask and the pub is cash and must have mask. Unless you remember all of this when you leave the house it's likely you could walk up the hill to the village and then not get in the boozer / be able to pay for beer.

It's not massive but I'm certainly not going to be trying to remember all that tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here