Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Snails and slugs

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unknowing neighbours, into their shrubs, they’re not into gardening.

I don’t really. I shift the unpleasant stuff into our hedge, preventing it killing patches of lawn.

I would expect nothing less from such an upstanding member of our community :salute:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now that we are on to page 2....anyone else go out after dark with a pointed knife or pair of scissors?

Just me, then :drool:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When I was a kid we had a couple of ducks who ate the snails I collected though you do end up with everything covered in ducksh*t.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
9B8182B9-E564-4BE3-9EBE-622CCB025774.jpeg

£1.99 for 8 bottles. Special Brew strength it isn’t but this is the treat awaiting any slugs and snails on my manor tonight! Let’s see if it works!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this for the snails and slugs or for the cats?

Slugs. Just slugs. I have an irrational and bespoke loathing of them.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Oh and Toads as well, we have at least one that likes kipping under our garden shed but presumably comes out later on for a midnight feast of our squidgy friends.

Presumably as they are amphibians our Pond has also done the trick to attract Mr Toad... :thumbsup:

The message must be Get Digging!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I too have a cat crapping problem as they seem to like the astroturf. I find a well aimed tennis ball is kinder if I score a direct hit. The more persistent ones (ferals) get trapped and taken on a trip a few kilometres away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here