Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I vaguely remember it being a technical issue but I'm very likely wrong and the one person that could absolutely answer it on here, [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION]l , is sadly no longer with us and debating with [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]'s Grandad !

I thought the same about Lord Bracknell. My memory was it was about the lift shafts. But I see the stadium every day from the hill fort and it would look amazing with a grass roof, especially this time of year whne everything is so green.

Attachments

• Amex 11.jpg
    Amex 11.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Amex 22.jpg
    Amex 22.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 240

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Licensed mobile traders operating at the P&Rs, outside the ground and on the concourses selling beer, tequila shots and cocaine from containers strapped to their backs, thus taking the pressure off the concourse bars before, during and after the matches, and increasing revenues.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How about some half time entertainment on the pitch. Kids penalty shoot outs or even one for the dads? For the dads there could be a nominal entry fee into a draw and two winners could have a shoot out to win a signed shirt

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
This is a really good thread yes it has a few laughs but lots good ideas some not costing a lot i suggest and many basic stuff - is it not too much to ask for several toilets outside the stadium and more seating. There was a game this season where I wouldve preferred taking a mortgage out for fish and chips outside rather than a rubbery burger with no onions inside but nowhere to sit. I wouldve bought a drink or two or three outside but wouldve needed to go in early to have a p1ss.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe more seats & tables

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I have no idea why it’s suddenly so much busier, there are no extra seats, I don’t think, and the seats have always been pretty full anyway. Is the Mayo lounge being used by seats in other areas of 1901 this season?

I don’t think there’s room for more seats and tables.

Getting seats and tables after the game is no problem, the place is half empty as people make a quick getaway for whatever it is they need to be at :shrug:

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A concerted effort to get some more loud fans located in the SW corner, this is where a “singing section” should be as well as the north. Even in quiet games you can generate a good atmosphere by working off the away fans.

If I ever move back to Brighton this is exactly where I’ll be getting my season ticket, it’s my match day preference when we do come to games. It’s a great place to watch the game (and away fans).

i would completely change it so it doesnt actually look like the home stadium-we might win a few matches then. maybe LCD lighting all round the ground so we can say make them all red when liverpool visit or yellow when palace visit: lol: :D

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Love the pies - a pie+mash+peas+gravy in a box option would be massive.

8e32c3b22be54e303c1759c853df9d16.jpg

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Widen the steps up to coachpark - always a bottleneck these days.

Absolutely this. Or at least add a separate set of steps to cater for the idiots who need to come back down the steps against the flow of fans trying to get to the coaches after the game.
The current arrangement, ie ignoring the situation, is dangerous.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Although categorised match tickets do not affect me, as I’m a season ticket holder, I agree with your criticism. I would like to think that the vast majority of fans that go to the Amex go to support and watch the Albion, not the opposition. There are many Brighton fans who are not ST holders and are only able to attend a handful of games - why should they be financially penalised because the opponents are a “big” club.

Maybe the club could introduce (if they haven’t already done so) a scheme included in the membership package that allows fans to purchase tickets at base level. As for football tourists and opposition fans trying to get in on the sly, well, that’s another matter.

Interestingly, AFL has been using digital tickets only since the restart after Covid, but from next season will also issue paper versions if requested. Something to do with dropping attendances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here