Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8th to 14th - all to play for!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
What a last day of the season we have in store!

About £14m quid riding on this.

That would buy us most of the starting line-up last Sunday for the money we paid!

- Sanchez
- Veltman
- Dunk
- March
- Groß
- March
- Caicedo
- Welbeck

I take it your a huge solly fan - youve put him down twice !

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
WIN - the lowest we finish is 10th (could finish 8th).
DRAW - lowest 11th (highest 9th).
LOSE - lowest 14th (highest 10th).

For me its our highest ever position I'm mainly hoping for. We equal that if Villa don't beat City away, so pretty darn confident of that. We beat it if Villa don't win and one of Brentford, Newcastle and Palace don't win. Those three all have winnable games, but the odds are good with Leeds, Burnley and United all needing something on the final day. A draw gets us top half, but a defeat probably doesn't, and a win almost certainly gets 9th with Wolves playing Liverpool, and even 8th if the unpredictable Saints get something at Leicester.

So let's do our part so we don't have to worry about the rest. West Ham have a lot riding on it, hope United can get well ahead early on Palace for so many reasons :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
For me its our highest ever position I'm mainly hoping for. We equal that if Villa don't beat City away, so pretty darn confident of that. We beat it if Villa don't win and one of Brentford, Newcastle and Palace don't win. Those three all have winnable games, but the odds are good with Leeds, Burnley and United all needing something on the final day. A draw gets us top half, but a defeat probably doesn't, and a win almost certainly gets 9th with Wolves playing Liverpool, and even 8th if the unpredictable Saints get something at Leicester.

So let's do our part so we don't have to worry about the rest. West Ham have a lot riding on it, hope United can get well ahead early on Palace for so many reasons :)

We could still miss out on top half with a draw if Brentford beat Leeds by three or more goals (quite possible).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We could still miss out on top half with a draw if Brentford beat Leeds by three or more goals (quite possible).

It could, it seems unlikely, I'd actually be surprised if Leeds don't win, but I suppose they could implode if Brentford get one early and keep attacking on the break. But it will most likely be quite cagey from Leeds for the first hour as a draw could be enough for them.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Limp across the line with just enough, the Brighton way. Were loose and be 10-14th. Disappointing not to be top 10 after our recent run but I'm sure we'd have taken 14th and never in the bottom 3 or part of that conversation at the start of the season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The odds with Skybet of every result going against us to leave us 14th is over 1000/1. I stuck a cheeky tenner on…

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it about 3m per place? That is a big 3 points for Tony on Sunday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to Opta the Albion have a 75% probability of finishing top half of the table.

3B2549B7-83AB-47A9-9472-8FD46ED5054A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here