Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best final day?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Finishing 14th in the Premier League is now 'Grim!'. Goldstone, Hereford, Gillingham, Withdean, etc etc etc, but yeah, I know what you mean; it would be a bit of a sour end to what has been an excellent season.

Yeah, a bit churlish when you put it like that, but it certainly would feel like a big disappointment. However, none of that matters, as we will go on and beat West Ham and finish 10th, 9th or 8th. :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
An interesting final day, but not amazingly so.

Don't really care who goes down or who wins the league. Would be nice to finish above them, but other than that just hope to see a good game at the Amex.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
An interesting final day, but not amazingly so.

Don't really care who goes down or who wins the league. Would be nice to finish above them, but other than that just hope to see a good game at the Amex.

Fair enough that the other outcomes don't interest you, but what would constitute an 'amazing' one, for you? Brighton winning the title, perhaps? :)

We can but dream...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fair enough that the other outcomes don't interest you, but what would constitute an 'amazing' one, for you? Brighton winning the title, perhaps? :)

We can but dream...

A few games back, it looked like we could possibly be facing West Ham on the Final day for which of us would take 7th, that would have been up there at this point in Albions progress.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A few games back, it looked like we could possibly be facing West Ham on the Final day for which of us would take 7th, that would have been up there at this point in Albions progress.

10th, 9th or possibly 8th doesn't do it for you? Not expecting much, are you? :lolol:

I stand by my post that this is (for many reasons, not just ours) the most exciting and defining final day that I can remember - Premier League-wise.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I like Mark Noble. Good player and a hard worker. Hopefully, he thinks about where his final shirt goes a bit. He may keep it for his kids, of course.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In summary, Arsenal play Everton in the hope of winning and passing Tottenham who play at relegated Noriwch City who will want to finish with some honour. A Champions League place is up for grabs.

Brentford, who would love a top ten finish in their first season upstairs for decades, host Leeds United who need to better Burnley’s result against Newcastle United who themselves could finish in the top ten with a win, after an appalling start to the season, and send a message to everyone for the next.

Mqanchester United could make the Europa League with a win at Crystal Palace who will want to win themselves in the hope of finishing above Brighton. Leicester City will want a respectable 8th with a win over Southampton.

Liverpool need to beat Wolves and hope that Manchester City don’t beat Aston Villa, whose manager is Liverpool through and through, and will not allow his team to slack.

Chelsea play Watford, and neither of those give a shit.

Most people outside the LS postcode will be supporting Brentford regardless of their team's situation...

Edit: I forgot the Albion match !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
10th, 9th or possibly 8th doesn't do it for you? Not expecting much, are you? :lolol:

I stand by my post that this is (for many reasons, not just ours) the most exciting and defining final day that I can remember - Premier League-wise.

7th comes with Europa Conference Qualification this season, as Liverpool are in CL, so yeah, an opportunity to play European teams in competition, riding on our last game of the season would have been more interesting. Finishing 8th, 9th or 10th is all an improvement on our highest ever finish, no one is going to go home gutted we finished 10th instead of 8th, or elated we finished 9th instead of 11th though, it isn't that interesting.
The fact that both the title and the final relegation spot will be decided on the last day is maybe unusual, but I don't have a lot of interest in clubs other than Brighton.:shrug:

Wouldn't know if this is one of the most interesting ever final days of a PL season, I didn't pay attention to it much before 5 years ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Dah missing final game due to family engagement, it will have to be Jonny & Warren this week

Come on, lets end the season strong. WH never beat us..

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just a shame that City losing and Spurs losing to Norwich are both extremely unlikely. Takes much of the intrigue away for me at the top end.

But very much looking forward to seeing how it plays out for us and down at the bottom... come on you Bees!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most people outside the LS postcode will be supporting Brentford regardless !

I think not, Leeds are everyone’s second team and play thrilling football. We are so lucky to have them back in their rightful place in the PL. I know this because the media have been telling me since they annihilated the Championship and excited everyone on their return to the PL

Letting Ben White go on a free was a mistake though in retrospect

Back on topic my favourite last game of the season is likely to always be the 1-1 at Hereford, although I also loved the win against Stockport that kept us up against the odds at Withdean. The worst was the stitch up between Spurs and Saints that stopped us going up to the First Division.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here