Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Vangelis RIP

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wonderful composer. So many of my favourite soundtracks. Played his Greatest Hits CD to death.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ditto. Still love this track

One of those albums you just played from start to finish, then repeated it all day. A bit like the early Tangs and Kraftwerk, certainly my entry into electronica...

No idea how I found Vangelis back in the 1970's - presume it must have been via John Peel although it doesn't sound like his taste?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Then the pick of the bunch. Used on a car advert in the last couple of years or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVExlaxaweo

I first heard this about 25 years ago and was a little perpplexed initially, but they had something!

A friend of mine recently bought an old tatty customised Lambretta half in bits, all airbrushed artwork with Vangelis . . .done early 1980's . . . . Definitely worth restoring!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ground breaking composer. Made the current and excellent Synthwave scene possible. Blade Runner remains my favourite synth film score.

Great man. Great career.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A genius, went through a phase in my teens loving tangerine dream,jmj, vangelis, klaus Schultz, kraftwerk. It wasn’t that ‘cool’ at the time, but you have to appreciate the pay he laid for multiple bands.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A genius, went through a phase in my teens loving tangerine dream,jmj, vangelis, klaus Schultz, kraftwerk. It wasn’t that ‘cool’ at the time, but you have to appreciate the pay he laid for multiple bands.

I saw Tangerine Dream live at Chalk a few weeks ago. Still superb and making some excellent new music.

Kraftwerk were also great at B. Centre a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here