Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Question for drivers

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm writing an article and I'm looking for a driving analogy. What's the hottest new feature for a modern car to have - the 'must-have' for a driver who wants the latest fad.

And what was the previous hottest fad?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dashcam, the standard of driving has deteriorated dramatically since lockdown imo. Too many people in a rush and driving too fast, they either have the reflexes of an F1 driver or are just *****. I know which side of the fence I’m on. A dashcam means you have concrete proof of the cause of most accidents

Auto lights that also go full beam and dip, really useful imo

Blind spot monitors in the wing mirrors, no more looking over your shoulder when overtaking

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm writing an article and I'm looking for a driving analogy. What's the hottest new feature for a modern car to have - the 'must-have' for a driver who wants the latest fad.

And what was the previous hottest fad?

Old: reverse parking sensors
New: reverse parking assistant which parks the car for you.

Old: keyless entry with keyfob
New: keyless entry with smart phone

Old: cruise control
New: Level 3 autonomous driving capabilty

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Self reverse parking on my previous car was very cool, although slightly nerve racking.

Apple CarPlay or similar is pretty slick

Launch control on the Audi A7

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In my recent experience

Lane Control - get off you f***er, I know when I want to change lanes and whether there's anyone there to indicate to :angry:

Automatic Blind spot recognition - I've been checking my blindspots for over 50 years you cheeky f***er :angry:

Parking assistant which parks the car for you - I've spent f***ing years working out how to wedge it into a space 2 inches longer than my car and don't need any help :angry:

Isn't technology wonderful :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In my recent experience

Lane Control - get off you f***er, I know when I want to change lanes and whether there's anyone there to indicate to :angry:

Automatic Blind spot recognition - I've been checking my blindspots for over 50 years you cheeky f***er :angry:

Parking assistant which parks the car for you - I've spent f***ing years working out how to wedge it into a space 2 inches longer than my car and don't need any help :angry:

Isn't technology wonderful :rolleyes:

Lane control is an abomination but if you prefer to look over your shoulder rather than use a blindspot monitor, you are just weird :smile:

I assume you DO look over your shoulder, not just indicate and pull out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lane control is an abomination but if you prefer to look over your shoulder rather than use a blindspot monitor, you are just weird :smile:

I assume you DO look over your shoulder, not just indicate and pull out.

ALWAYS, I never trusted these f***ers either

41-EHb5S7aL._AC_SX355_.jpg

:wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thanks for this, it's all a new world for me. I sat behind the wheel of a car for the first time for about 30 years a couple of months ago and found out about power steering :lolol: I'm a bit behind the times

I believe the latest range of BMWs come with indicators as standard now.......

But now you're entering the realms of fantasy ...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I believe the latest range of BMWs come with indicators as standard now.......

:moo:

Is that semaphore indicator arms, like my great aunt had on an old Austin A35 in the early 1970s?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here