Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Punishing all fans for the sins of a few ?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Let's make sure we provide an example on Sunday, of well behaved fans staying in the stands. I suspect that the east London oiks may give it large if they either make europe, or in fact if we beat them to spoil their party.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sadly a lot of our fans are ‘copy cats’ so I suspect we will see a few at least on the pitch Sunday, whether others follow ?? Hope not though

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
IMO pitch invasions arent the issue, it was obviously fine in peoples opinion when we did it after Wigan game and the club even celebrated the fact. They have also been happening after last game of the season for many years - I remember running on at The Goldstone multiple times. The issue is the general thuggish behaviour of a few has now advanced to actual attacks on away players rather than just celebrating with our own like we used to.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hear Paul Barber is introducing centrally controlled seat belts that will be locked for the duration of the game with the exception of a 15-minute period at half time.

Each seat will be converted into a commode for those worried about personal emergencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sadly a lot of our fans are ‘copy cats’ so I suspect we will see a few at least on the pitch Sunday, whether others follow ?? Hope not though

Unfortunately they see it as a badge of honour. If they come on then less likely the players will do a lap of honour for what has been our best ever season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I hear Paul Barber is introducing centrally controlled seat belts that will be locked for the duration of the game with the exception of a 15-minute period at half time.

Each seat will be converted into a commode for those worried about personal emergencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will they unlock temporarily unlock around the 79th minute? Chaos

The problem is in your very wording "as long as no one is hurt, which the majority of the time they aren't". So what happens, when in the minority of times it turns into something else. What happens, as with the Billy Sharp incident, where a head butt or punch, a player then gets killed by a head blow? Still OK for the majority?

Or would a grieving relative just be boring and pedantic?

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19094455.dad-ones-you---mp-dehenna-davison-launches-inquiry-one-punch-assaults/

There is a risk with everything. You can't in my opinion live life worrying about an incident such as this occurring every time you do something that holds some kind of risk. Life would be boring otherwise.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes seriously. Forest aside, the rest of the incidents have hardly been life threatening. Pitch invasions are great.

Pitch invasions should be a thing of the past like so many things are already. An anachronism used by kids and adults who've never grown up to behave badly in public. I find them embarrassing at the Amex, knowing the club doesn't want it, yet still the idiots do it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes seriously. Forest aside, the rest of the incidents have hardly been life threatening. Pitch invasions are great.

Although it appears to be being played down I’m not sure the Villa ‘keeper would agree with you. I’ve seen the video, he was struck twice coming off the pitch at Manchester City, and had to be helped off by a couple of stewards and Villa staff.

It’s only a matter of time before it DOES become life threatening, then the hand wringing and recriminations will begin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here