Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Vase Final - Littlehampton Town v Newport Pagnell (Sun 12.15)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Well they're the underdogs aren't they? Frankly I think it's amazing that a motorway service station has a football team at all, let alone that they've reached the FA Vase final. Can't imagine the service station itself will be open; if they're not actually in the side I guess they'll all be at Wembley cheering on their fellow workers.

When they finished above Toddington they taunted them with “mind the Watford Gap”

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As an ex-Body Shopper, I’ll be rooting for the Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We’re on the campsite in Littlehampton this weekend, heading to the AMEX on Sunday. Hope it doesn’t get too rowdy if they win.

About 20 years ago we were staying in a hotel in North Italy - Pavia - when the European Cup Final (or Champions’ League - whatever it was at the time, took place. The final wasn’t local, but it was one of the Milan clubs v one of the Turin clubs - I think Juventus v AC Milan. All hell broke loose that night.

I doubt whether a Littlehampton triumph would be quite the same, though.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We’re on the campsite in Littlehampton this weekend, heading to the AMEX on Sunday. Hope it doesn’t get too rowdy if they win.

About 20 years ago we were staying in a hotel in North Italy - Pavia - when the European Cup Final (or Champions’ League - whatever it was at the time, took place. The final wasn’t local, but it was one of the Milan clubs v one of the Turin clubs - I think Juventus v AC Milan. All hell broke loose that night.

I doubt whether a Littlehampton triumph would be quite the same, though.
There will be drinking and dancing parties in the High Street and fireworks and music blaring all night if they do win.
But then again that's a normal night in LA anyway.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Lovely the way that these towns get something to get excited about. I usually visit the butcher and the "Nothing Wasted" shop on Newport Pagnell high street on a Friday morning. There are so many green and white flags up

Last edited:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Surely we are one of very few countries where a non-league club (5 leagues down) take 7,000 fans to the national stadium for a cup final. The passion for Football at every level within towns and villages has to be the envy of other countries. Aware of the bad stuff. But this is quite remarkable. 7,000!!! Come on Littlehampton!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
What's the difference between this final and the FA trophy final later on? Different league Pyramid or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here