Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Indian Premier League

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does anyone else watch this?

Quinton De Kock just biffed 140 in a T20 game including one over where he hit 4 sixes. 140!!! That's a half decent TEAM score. And Lucknow Super Giants scored 210/0. No wickets! Unreal.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh shit. Yes, I usually watch it (but have never posted about it on here as I know it upsets the 'purists').

Today, I decided to sit out in the sunshine instead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh shit. Yes, I usually watch it (but have never posted about it on here as I know it upsets the 'purists').

Today, I decided to sit out in the sunshine instead.
The purists need to realise that T20 has its place and has massively improved all versions of the game.

QdK was dropped on 12, then just pummelled the bowling.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Quinton De Kock just biffed 140 in a T20 game including one over where he hit 4 sixes. 140!!! That's a half decent TEAM score. And Lucknow Super Giants scored 210/0. No wickets! Unreal.

Will go down in history as ‘De knock from De Kock’.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

“Biffed” - says it all for me!!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Will go down in history as ‘De knock from De Kock’.

sport-preview-murray-comp.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Usually I try to catch IPL games but was actually doing some work for once.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not that keen on 20/20 but look occasionally. They cant get enough in India as i see over 65 games played so far. So many games similar

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m glad that many enjoy T20 and certainly have watched some games and enjoyed some of the drama. I just happen to prefer the longer version of the game - maybe it’s because I’m an old duffer and still recall the hours I spent scouring through my 1968 Wisden almanac, listening to the tests from Oz on a transistor radio at silly o’clock etc and watching J A Snow and co. at the County Ground. I used to watch the old JPL on BBC2 on a Sunday afternoon too - 40 overs each was the short form then!

Great game cricket! Enjoy in the format you like best.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wow. What a match. Not often you’ll see 418 runs in 40 overs.

I can remember my first Sussex match in Eastbourne, it was a 40 over JPL Sunday league game, Imran Khan and Garth Le Roux played and Sussex won the game scoring 160ish runs which was a really good score. How things have changed

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wow. What a match. Not often you’ll see 418 runs in 40 overs.
One of the most remarkable T20 matches you'll ever see, wasn't it?

First team (Super Giants) gets 210/0 with one batsman reaching 140. Second team (Knight Riders) 10/2 after 3 overs then fought back but lost their last recognised batsman with 5 overs left and a Super Giants win was trading at 1.01 on Betfair. Somehow the next two batsmen took them to the brink, needing 3 from 2 - and they lost!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Random fact...Last years Sussex Junior Pathway & Academy director Richard Halsall is now coaching the Super Giants.
Nice guy who had some great plans for the Sussex kids...but Covid totally derailed it. Nice to see him out in the IPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here