Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is God overrated ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gods OK. Its religion and the hypocritical Churches that are at fault.

Russia is largely Catholic and a few weeks ago the Pope called for an end to the slaughter in Mariupol (named after the Virgin Mary). Shows the lack of respect for the head of their church.

this will come as a great surprise to the Russian Orthodox church.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If he created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th and the universe is actually about 14 billion years old, his days must be about 2 billion years each. I suppose that we can't really complain that he hasn't intervened during our time on this planet. Its been his day off. He earned a lie-in. Presumably all of the prayers humans have left have been taken as messages by the office cover. The poor fella's coming back to some Post-its on Monday.

You'd think God would leave an out of office message!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He / she seemed to achieve quite a lot in the early days, but seems to have gone off the boil recently.

Discuss.

Rated about right imo.
His early stuff was amazing.
No supreme being has been able to keep up those standards over several millennia.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is God overrated..?

Christ , no... !!!

What f*****g hell are you thinking..?

There will be the Mother of God of all rows over this. !

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
2 - played an absolute blinder at first but hasn't really created much since. Pretty much absent since the early activity.
We should probably take a look at his son though, very good with crosses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RIP God, 1986 Scottish Footballer Of The Year

6d7e2790-2f77-11eb-aff6-160a34a87847.jpeg

:bowdown:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well, he created the Earth, and after that he created light, which means he created The Earth in the dark, so pretty decent planet creator.
Stuffed up a bit creating Man, only one man and one woman, which means their kids had to shag each other to procreate, I would have made a few so no one had to shag their sister, or mum.
Would have probably not killed almost everyone for a bit of debauchery myself, and certainly would not have just allowed one family to survive the flood so that we were back to shagging sisters again.

All in all he/she not all that good at planning, really poor at communication too, choosing only to talk to a few people, hundreds of years apart, and relying on them to spread the word, and often giving conflicting advice about how to behave, bit of a **** in that regard. Has several books out, all claiming to be the only one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit father, who let’s their son be crucified?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
which means their kids had to shag each other to procreate, I would have made a few so no one had to shag their sister, or mum.

It's been working out just fine for Norwich fans for generations.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
ADDE6DB8-1F1D-4D60-B94B-382E5D900C90.gif

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th and the universe is actually about 14 billion years old, his days must be about 2 billion years each. I suppose that we can't really complain that he hasn't intervened during our time on this planet. Its been his day off. He earned a lie-in. Presumably all of the prayers humans have left have been taken as messages by the office cover. The poor fella's coming back to some Post-its on Monday.
I wrote to him until I was about 12 or 13

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here