Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is fan “bellendery” inevitable?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a complete arse. Jail time for that.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's got to be something to do, psychologically speaking, with being locked up indoors for a large part of the last couple of years.

We had pitch invasions etc. before COVID but I don't recall there being this many nor of there being this much reported violence.

I know our players at 'Boro had a few fans in their faces but, to my knowledge, none of them got a thump.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No.

Did Albion fans attack any Wigan players on the pitch, Easter 2017?

But reflecting society, there’ll always be scum who’ll use the smokescreen/maelstrom of a large crowd to do their thing.

Huge bans from attending football matches and potentially prison sentences should be dished out.

CCTV is a great tool.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The number and size of the flares on the pitch at the end makes me think there were inadequate checks on entry or they were brought in at the end of the match.

I hope Notts police and Notts Forest identify the culprits via CCTV.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Banning the individual is fine but I'd go a step further and make Forest play their next home game without fans. Yes it's unfair on the 30,000 fans who will be forced to miss the match but I suspect that another individual ban isn't going to stop anything.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Banning the individual is fine but I'd go a step further and make Forest play their next home game without fans. Yes it's unfair on the 30,000 fans who will be forced to miss the match but I suspect that another individual ban isn't going to stop anything.

Cut their play off final ticket allocation by 50%

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's got to be something to do, psychologically speaking, with being locked up indoors for a large part of the last couple of years.

We had pitch invasions etc. before COVID but I don't recall there being this many nor of there being this much reported violence.

I know our players at 'Boro had a few fans in their faces but, to my knowledge, none of them got a thump.

That's complete bollocks. You simply can't blame Covid lockdowns for some people acting like *****...

Unfortunately there will always be a subset of society who think this sort of behaviour is acceptable, like having a fight on a Friday or Saturday night out boozing!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That's complete bollocks. You simply can't blame Covid lockdowns for some people acting like *****...

Unfortunately there will always be a subset of society who think this sort of behaviour is acceptable, like having a fight on a Friday or Saturday night out boozing!

Wonder if he we will be drug tested and graded as “totally out of character”

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not condoning what happened last night but yes is the very short answer.

If you get 30k people watching a game with a lot riding on it then it's going to be unlikely everyone is going to behave regardless of the teams involved.

That said what happened last night was another level of bellendery. But the fella has been nicked and Sharp is ok so probably best to leave it to the law to sort out (although the Leicester mush got away with his actions pretty lightly if memory recalls).

SAC

May 21, 2014
My initial thoughts as well , I wouldnt be surprised for the defence to say he had no intention of head butting Sharp and slipped

He could try the Stevie Gerrard defence, saying that he felt threatened and attacked him before he was attacked.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Disgusting wasn’t it. I hope there is not knee jerk reaction to pitch invasions as I believe that they are appropriate sometimes like when a team wins the EPL or gets promoted (but never at Wembley!).

Like I said, I very much enjoyed the scenes, they’ve won, going to Wembley, on the verge of the good times returning again yet one bellend is possibly thinking to himself shall I go and celebrate with my mates, embrace the players, try and get a selfie, sing a song, wave a flag, get down the pub, make plans for Wembley etc

No, I’ll go and headbutt someone to the ground

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Agreed. If this had been the first game back with fans after the lockdowns then maybe. But people have been able to do pretty much whatever they’ve wanted for a year now.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think the cocaine angle possibly holds more water than the Covid one.

Its inevitably described as "in character, got a few cash jobs, estranged father of two, at least never been caught before, etc., etc., etc.."

SOunds about right

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wonder if he we will be drug tested and graded as “totally out of character”

Might also cite his mental health and say it was ‘a cry for help’. That’s pretty much foolproof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here