Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Academy Manager vacancy, interested!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
“To monitor player progression, develop a method to track this…”

Umm, we don’t already have a method to track player progression? Blimey.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
It's interesting seeing what the club feels is important coming across in that advert. "Pragmatic, humble, low-ego" for example, AITC too.

Also not sure I've seen these before: "Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up), Act with Integrity and Make it special." (Classic corporatism - TEEAAM.) With my day-job head on I'd be genuinely, sadly, geekily interested in what sits underneath each of those and how they manage/measure them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Bolton Academy manager has just resigned "to pursue other opportunities".

Maybe it'll be him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
TL;DR!

Thank heavens I'm retired and don't have to live in ever increasingly awful world of job descriptions like that!

Shame, you could listen to the match commentary on your new company smart phone.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
“To monitor player progression, develop a method to track this…”

Umm, we don’t already have a method to track player progression? Blimey.

My reading of the Job Spec was that there was an awful lot of follow established procedures. I suspect that they just wanted to add in a bit of an opportunity to innovate. I suspect there is one, but maybe it could be better.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Get Brady in

Not a chance!
I spoke to him a few years ago and asked him the question. His reply was that he was retiring due to age and health reasons.
He rated our academy very highly and said that the club would definitely benefit from it in due course. He think he may well have been spot on with his prediction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here