Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber Absolutely Seething

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Prior to Utd.
One of the top 3 memorable moments this season, at the AMEX, was when Jnr came back from the kiosk with 2 cokes...

...LIDS ON.

We went cra-cra.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Pathetic really, just take a bottle off a steward- who are still allowed lids ! or throw a old phone , banning flasks and bottle caps is just too far gone , instal better cameras in the first 20 rows to catch offenders.
Pens , chargers , power banks are ALL weapons if thrown

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pathetic really, just take a bottle off a steward- who are still allowed lids ! or throw a old phone , banning flasks and bottle caps is just too far gone , instal better cameras in the first 20 rows to catch offenders.

This did make me laugh.:lolol:

Right when the stadium have got everything 100% on your phone, tickets, kiosk payments etc. etc. we all start luzzing phones at linos or celebrating opposing players. #phoneban

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

..........all pockets to be emptied and coins confiscated before entry too, I shouldn't wonder. Amazing these dangerous objects have bbeen ignored so long! :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh FFS - what am I supposed to do with the bag of approximately 10,000 bottle tops I've collected, enabling me to smuggle a couple into the Amex for each fixture*?

(* - when I remember, which I don't always. And there's no angrier site in football than me rocking up at the WSU entrance and realising I've left my bottle tops at home, meaning I will be spending the entire 90 minutes playing that exciting "don't knock over the Diet Cokes" game, instead of focusing on the match)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
aead4e2ab6042b36ea633bc22150954d.jpg

I attempted to buy this on a match day for my youngest but was told I couldn’t take it in the ground and would have to collect it after the game.

Yet was able to buy an Albion kids wall clock, which as you could imagine would make a great frisbee from the WSU if i bizarrely I had the sudden urge (not withstanding great accuracy) to instigate a targeted attack on a specific player.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Aside from not being able to take my flask in, my biggest problem with the policy is how it flies in the face of the clubs supposed environmental policies. It encourages throwing away more plastic (who is going to reuse a pop bottle without a lid?), and those that don't want to be forced to buy drinks in place of their flask were told they could get a cup of water for free, but this means more throw away plastic cups.

So I suspect, the simple answer from the club's point of view to the attached lids, will simply be to pour all drinks into more throwaway plastic cups. Further increasing the waste of plastics.

EDIT to add reminscence: I remember some years at the goldstone being them pouring coke out of those big bottles into cups. Am I misremembering that?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Aside from not being able to take my flask in, my biggest problem with the policy is how it flies in the face of the clubs supposed environmental policies. It encourages throwing away more plastic (who is going to reuse a pop bottle without a lid?), and those that don't want to be forced to buy drinks in place of their flask were told they could get a cup of water for free, but this means more throw away plastic cups.

So I suspect, the simple answer from the club's point of view to the attached lids, will simply be to pour all drinks into more throwaway plastic cups. Further increasing the waste of plastics.

EDIT to add reminscence: I remember some years at the goldstone being them pouring coke out of those big bottles into cups. Am I misremembering that?

nah, PB will be well ahead of this. Soft drinks will soon be the vile draft versions, they also produce far more profit.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m thinking of wearing flippers or wellies to the Amex, there seems to be a mini waterfall most weeks coming down from the seats behind me. Maybe I should take a few bottle tops and offer them to the clumsy t**s that sit behind me. :rant:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We’re getting pretty good at football and merchandising but absolutely useless at looking after our fans and giving them what they want. A bit like the government being out of touch with what people are really experiencing and thinking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here