Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sasa Kalajdzic - striker rumour

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't see us spending £21m plus for anyone at the moment. I know we spent that on Webster, but suspect we will continue with the unknowns like Enciso and try to bring them on.

Pretty sure this can be marked down as just another crap rumour.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can't see us spending £21m plus for anyone at the moment.

Oh I can. I can see us spending all of the money we received on Burn (plus the Østigård fee and maybe a Clarke fee) on his left footed replacement.

I can also see us spending the fee we got for Biss on fellow Malian, Mo Camara.

In addition, I can see us spending maybe half of any hypothetical fee we get for Cucu on his LWB replacement.

In the highly unlikely scenario that we sign Kalajdžić, I’m 100% certain that Maupay will be on his way. His fee along with anything we get for Andone and possibly Zeqiri should be enough to cover the fee we’d be charged for big Saša.

That’s four players in for £20m+ and I think we’d still be in profit this window.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Can't see us spending £21m plus for anyone at the moment. I know we spent that on Webster, but suspect we will continue with the unknowns like Enciso and try to bring them on.

Pretty sure this can be marked down as just another crap rumour.

We spent £10m on Enciso, a completely unproven player.

Therefore, it's not that unlikely we'd spend £21 on a player that has scored a decent number of goals in the Bundesliga.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Oh I can. I can see us spending all of the money we received on Burn (plus the Østigård fee and maybe a Clarke fee) on his left footed replacement.

In addition, I can see us spending maybe half of any hypothetical fee we get for Cucu on his LWB replacement.

In the highly unlikely scenario that we sign Kalajdžić, I’m 100% certain that Maupay will be on his way. His fee along with anything we get for Andone and possibly Zeqiri should be enough to cover the fee we’d be charged for big Saša.

That’s four players in for £20m+ and I think we’d still be in profit this window.

And forget about the £120m debts we have?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not good enough for a big six club but more our level. Amazed likes of Bayern are in for him as a starter.

Right level for us but very odd style fit. Could mean him being a complete change to throw on late but doesn’t seem like a Potter thing to do. We stick to our core principles and tweak the details instead of shifting to something completely different.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And forget about the £120m debts we have?

As I said, whatever happens, our net transfer activity will be in the black because we have so many highly rated youngsters. We’ll surely be paying some of that debt off.

Including add-ons and the soon to be announced Østigård deal, we’ve already got about £45m in the kitty.

Add to that possible sales for Duffy, Clarke, Zeqiri, Andone and maybe Cucu and your looking at another £70m or so coming in. If we decide to cash in on Maupay, you could add another £15m to the pot.

We’ve got plenty of money to spend if we find the right player at the right price but we’re not going to do a Leeds and buy a load of £10m+ players because we don’t need to currently.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

None of the above will happen. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here