Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IT help needed - the Albion website

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great! The match galleries, the press review - and apparantly the match commentaries - are now going to be 'Apps exclusive', whatever that means.

I registered for MyAlbionTV so I can (could?) listen to the commentaries - but now apparantly I have to update my App on IOS (if I've got one) or unload the old one and uplaoad the new one if I'm on Android. I've no idea if I'm either, and have never knowingly downloaded an App in my life.
I use Google via Firefox on my laptop - and there's nothing in the 'instructions' on the Albin site that helps me.

Can some kind soul please explain to me in English words I know how to get this new 'improved'(?) service?

(Yes, I have tried turning it off and turning it on again - and have heard all the other hilarity that some find in lack of IT skills! Not that that will stop it coming, but seriously, any help will be appreciated.)

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Great! The match galleries, the press review - and apparantly the match commentaries - are now going to be 'Apps exclusive', whatever that means.

I registered for MyAlbionTV so I can (could?) listen to the commentaries - but now apparantly I have to update my App on IOS (if I've got one) or unload the old one and uplaoad the new one if I'm on Android. I've no idea if I'm either, and have never knowingly downloaded an App in my life.
I use Google via Firefox on my laptop - and there's nothing in the 'instructions' on the Albin site that helps me.

Can some kind soul please explain to me in English words I know how to get this new 'improved'(?) service?

(Yes, I have tried turning it off and turning it on again - and have heard all the other hilarity that some find in lack of IT skills! Not that that will stop it coming, but seriously, any help will be appreciated.)

Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone? (Or neither?)

If you have an iPhone, this link will take you to the right app on the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/the-albion/id898232581

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think audio commentary etc will still be available as now through the match centre (website) on your laptop ……the apps are for phones/tablets.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Go to the top of the Downs, on a full moon, stand on one foot and point your phone south whilst chanting Kasenga sets off down the wing, Lua Lua. That should fix it.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

Make a complaint to customer services. Lots of stuff is now only available on the app, I want to see stuff (player interviews, analysis and now media review) on my PC but no, it's been decided we must use the app which doesn't work on a PC. I emailed them and my comments are going to be passed on to the media team, not going to hold my breath they will take people like us into consideration. The more of us who complain perhaps they will.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Make a complaint to customer services. Lots of stuff is now only available on the app, I want to see stuff (player interviews, analysis and now media review) on my PC but no, it's been decided we must use the app which doesn't work on a PC. I emailed them and my comments are going to be passed on to the media team, not going to hold my breath they will take people like us into consideration. The more of us who complain perhaps they will.

I sympathise but suspect the additional effort, relative small number of PC users and increasingly redundant technology makes it uneconomic. I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone trying to use their PC to swipe entry at the Amex. ��

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Media team are hopeless. I queried why, when they frequently post stories about promoting the women's game, they don't include on the website fixtures/results for the women's U23! Nothing changed. Also, they don't have on the historical results those for the season 2016/17. Pretty certain everyone will agree that was quite a historical one! The year is included in the list but it shows no fixtures. It also completely doesn't make reference to 2015/16.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Is that the way it is? Oh shit, if that's the case I've emailed them now as well. Discrimination against older website users if this is the case - ageist.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I sympathise but suspect the additional effort, relative small number of PC users and increasingly redundant technology makes it uneconomic. I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone trying to use their PC to swipe entry at the Amex. ��
Laptops and tablets are redudant technology? Really? :shrug:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Where is this publicised / announced. I don't have a phone or a tablet - just a laptop. I can still see all this stuff - and can't see anything telling me I won't be able to continue to do so. Have I missed an announcement or something?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is that the way it is? Oh shit, if that's the case I've emailed them now as well. Discrimination against older website users if this is the case - ageist.

The club will say 95% of users access via the app now, not sustainable to run 2 platforms and have a huge cost burden to satisfy 5% blah blah

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Or the will of the people?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So loads of people contacted the Albion to say please stop these items appearing on laptops? Geez - there's bollocks .......... and then there's more bollocky bollocks..

Not directly, no. Indirectly, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here