Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jake Daniels well done

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes but....they can all sod off, and sooner or later, will be named (not shamed becuase they have no shame) and banned.

He has taken the plunge now and will certainly know he will be a lightening rod for dick-head abusers, hopefully who will recive their just deserts.
Unfortunately they won’t if the one or two getting done for homophobic abuse is anything to go by. Why football stadiums turn grown men some with families of their own into abusive tools for 90 minutes is something I will never understand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His parents need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Jake Daniels :rolleyes:

Go all in or not at all.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well done Jake.

Would now be great to see the next 'coming out' to not be an announcement but a player say simply appearing at the end of season awards with their partner or just casually referencing them in an interview. Time to normalise it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
God there are some vile scum on Twitter.

I love reporting them though, it's like Space Invaders.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great news for three reasons

1. It’s a huge moment for him personally, and I wish him all the best
2. It’s a great moment for football in general
3. It’s a tremendous opportunity to work out who to mute on social media

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

They all Russian and Chinese trolls so good luck cleaning up the internet! Personally I would just concede they’re are some right knobheads amongst the 6 billion or so with access to the www

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They all Russian and Chinese trolls so good luck cleaning up the internet! Personally I would just concede they’re are some right knobheads amongst the 6 billion or so with access to the www
I don't care really, trolls still get you points in this game in my head.

I can quite happily sit on there for hours reporting tweets.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shame it needs to be news these days, but well done Jake. He’ll get overwhelming support I reckon and it might weed out a few more dickheads for long bans who feel the need to victimise him.

My reaction to. I really couldn’t give a shite because it’s 2022. Anyone who does needs to get a lift back to the 70s or 80s

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad that we will be in this stage for a while yet. He's done the right thing for himself, it steals the thunder of the inevitable scote who would have done it for him.

I don't think it will be as bad for him as some may think. A few lifetime bans for any toxic knobheads who want to pick on him from the home stands and it should be fine.

Brave lad, and I hate having to use those words. But they're still appropriate. Even in 2022.

Yes, i agree whole heartedly. Someone's sexuality should be meaningless in day to day life. I wish him well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't care really, trolls still get you points in this game in my head.

I can quite happily sit on there for hours reporting tweets.

Not on Twitter myself but from other news headlines, aren’t Twitter supposed to deal with these without the need for you to do on their behalf? Presumably you’re retired, commendable as this is?!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Only just signed on to Twitter a few weeks back and still feeling my way. From what I have seen there is a chance to get realtime information out to the mainstream but sadly, also a lot of anonymous idiots completely fudging it up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Brave young man. No doubt will he encounter some abuse and bad jokes every now and then but he now owns the whole thing, they cant touch him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sad that we will be in this stage for a while yet. He's done the right thing for himself, it steals the thunder of the inevitable scote who would have done it for him.

I don't think it will be as bad for him as some may think. A few lifetime bans for any toxic knobheads who want to pick on him from the home stands and it should be fine.

Brave lad, and I hate having to use those words. But they're still appropriate. Even in 2022.

Nail on the head, mate.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good stuff but a shame it is such a big circus and not run of the mill. I suppose it has to start somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here