Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Supervised Antigen Test over Queens Jubilee Weekend Help

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here's the thing. Going on a cruise on Sunday 5th June and they want a Supervised Antigen Test on 3rd of June. As there is some Jubilee or other that weekend with Bank Holidays on the 2nd and 3rd then a Saturday, any seasoned travellers know how I can get tested around the Brighton area on the Friday and a result on Saturday. Google has not been my friend yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it's the same as travelling to the US, "supervised" can mean over online vdeo.

We used DocHQ. Link here, which includes a discount code already applied: https://dochq.co.uk/shop/?customer_discount=CTNHQ30

The certs were delivered by email at the end of the call.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Two choices either get one done at a chemists Lloyds pharmacy do them £30 or order one on line for around £12 you do the test and send them a photo of the result they email back a downloadable covid pass certificate, this and your copy of the NHS certificate that you have had your covid vaccination and boosters, finally you will need proof that your travel insurance covers Covid19

We went on a cruise last week all straight forward who you cruising with?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Here's the thing. Going on a cruise on Sunday 5th June and they want a Supervised Antigen Test on 3rd of June. As there is some Jubilee or other that weekend with Bank Holidays on the 2nd and 3rd then a Saturday, any seasoned travellers know how I can get tested around the Brighton area on the Friday and a result on Saturday. Google has not been my friend yet.

Wouldn’t it be simpler to just go to a test centre ? £35 at ExpressTest at the moment, drive-through and results almost immediately

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oh. Not about free tickets for the cricket then.

BlindWanGecko-max-1mb.gif

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Two choices either get one done at a chemists Lloyds pharmacy do them £30 or order one on line for around £12 you do the test and send them a photo of the result they email back a downloadable covid pass certificate, this and your copy of the NHS certificate that you have had your covid vaccination and boosters, finally you will need proof that your travel insurance covers Covid19

We went on a cruise last week all straight forward who you cruising with?
Thanks so much. Me and Mrs Earle both booked in at our local Lloyds Pharmacy on Saturday 4th June. Perfect. Never crossed my mind they would do them. Royal Caribbean is the cruise:D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks. All booked at my local Lloyds Pharmacy.

Have you spoken to the actual local pharmacy (as opposed to some sort of centralised booking system) to ensure they have availabiity of tests AND someone to administer the tests?

I say this because I'm aware of a fair few people who had Lloyds Pharmacy tests booked ahead of US holidays only to turn up and find out that they could not be tested due to a lack of tests and/or staff. Frankly, it's all sounded quite shambolic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another +1 for Qured for a video supervised test. All good for US entry

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Have you spoken to the actual local pharmacy (as opposed to some sort of centralised booking system) to ensure they have availabiity of tests AND someone to administer the tests?

I say this because I'm aware of a fair few people who had Lloyds Pharmacy tests booked ahead of US holidays only to turn up and find out that they could not be tested due to a lack of tests and/or staff. Frankly, it's all sounded quite shambolic.

Thanks. Yes, I spoke to the pharmacy first before booking online, however I will pop in and check and check again nearer the time. Thanks for the warning.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
A different recommendation just in case it is useful - the Regenerative Clinic at Fiveways. Excellent.

Interested to hear Royal Caribbean are after a supervised test before boarding. Have cruised with P&O a couple of times recently (December, then April) and for December (from Southampton) there was a drive through antigen test as you arrived, with the result texted to you by the time you reached check in. For April, the cruise started from Malta so had to do an antigen (unsupervised) up to 72 hours before. All covered costwise by P&O (including in December the one onboard to enable us to disembark in France, and at the end of the cruise back in Blighty, as were the rules at the time).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A different recommendation just in case it is useful - the Regenerative Clinic at Fiveways. Excellent.

Interested to hear Royal Caribbean are after a supervised test before boarding. Have cruised with P&O a couple of times recently (December, then April) and for December (from Southampton) there was a drive through antigen test as you arrived, with the result texted to you by the time you reached check in. For April, the cruise started from Malta so had to do an antigen (unsupervised) up to 72 hours before. All covered costwise by P&O (including in December the one onboard to enable us to disembark in France, and at the end of the cruise back in Blighty, as were the rules at the time).

Thanks. I'll be checking carefully with Lloyd's, but good to have a back up. Incidentally, all testing is at own expense with Royal Caribbean.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wonder how much longer this farce will carry on?

I've had to do 4 now and the person "watching" has paid less and less attention with each one, the one I did last time I barely put up my nose and and into the liquid.

Dr HQ/Project Screen are super easy to get around if you so wish

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Recommendation seconded :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here