Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Finland in NATO

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
can’t really blame them for wanting to join given Putins little excursion.
however, wether it gives security or makes hostilities more likely only time will tell.
Sweden next?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Turkey seem to be unhappy, but I'd have thought that is just a negotiating ploy so they can get authorisation for F35 purchases and/or F16 Viper upgrades.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Oh the irony - Putin "liberates" [attempts to] Ukraine to push back the NATO frontier.
Other Russian bordercountries observe the aggression and decide NATO membership might be a good insurance policy.

#warbackfires

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
however, wether it gives security or makes hostilities more likely only time will tell.
Sweden next?

Yup. Nothing to do with security obviously. "Join NATO and we'll buy a lot of weapons from you".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sweden next?

Sweden joining becomes pretty irrelevent if Finland joins NATO shirley? Sweden would then be pretty much wrapped-around by NATO member countries and wouldn't have to lift a finger to ensure security v Russia

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Now I know you are without doubt, a windup merchant. You Swedes are v happy to join NATO now. And you will be welcome to enhance the defence of our north Eastern/Baltic flank alongside our Finnish friends
I'm responding to your quote in this thread instead to avoid derailing an important thread.

Some Swedes are very happy to join NATO. I'm not. As I said, NATO is imperialistic and invasive and I wan't to be no part of it.

Normally and historically, the Swedish people doesn't want it either, but the ruling family here saw the opportunity to use the fear in February and told their ("our") government to join. Personally, I've been against the idea always and will remain anti-NATO.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm responding to your quote in this thread instead to avoid derailing an important thread.

Some Swedes are very happy to join NATO. I'm not. As I said, NATO is imperialistic and invasive and I wan't to be no part of it.

Normally and historically, the Swedish people doesn't want it either, but the ruling family here saw the opportunity to use the fear in February and told their ("our") government to join. Personally, I've been against the idea always and will remain anti-NATO.
Maybe you have a different definition of Imperialistic and invasive than I do, can you explain how you associate these words with NATO?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe you have a different definition of Imperialistic and invasive than I do, can you explain how you associate these words with NATO?
Bombing several nations to cause divides and to install Western-friendly governments is the short answer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Swansman thinking he represents the whole of his country, the boy will never learn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here