Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kyle Walker

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting listening to him on R5 now. Very thoughtful about the game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, thanks H, but for those of us who weren't listening and aren't mind readers, a precis would be nice. :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, thanks H, but for those of us who weren't listening and aren't mind readers, a precis would be nice. :moo:

I was more encouraging people to take a listen.

OK, the levels at Citeh are such that you can't blow smoke up any one player's arse. It's a team game. Everyone has to keep at it at all times. The difference in level compared with clubs he and others have been in previously is palpable.

Not crowing about how great Citeh are, but simply noting the level of requirement.

Sounds like a very special player, wanting to operate at the highest possible level and confident that the manager knows how to get there.

(I have read elsewhere that he needs thorough organization and precision planning and is lost if he stumbles into a day without structure. The ultimate soldier. The complete opposite of Robin Friday).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ooh it’s a corner;10260871 said:
Agreed H - didn’t come across at all like the person portrayed by the media following a few er transgressions during lockdown

That was part of my interest in hearing him. His transgressions, I suspect, were unavoidable given his mental make up. Well, predictable, then, at least.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was more encouraging people to take a listen.

OK, the levels at Citeh are such that you can't blow smoke up any one player's arse. It's a team game. Everyone has to keep at it at all times. The difference in level compared with clubs he and others have been in previously is palpable.

Not crowing about how great Citeh are, but simply noting the level of requirement.

Sounds like a very special player, wanting to operate at the highest possible level and confident that the manager knows how to get there.

(I have read elsewhere that he needs thorough organization and precision planning and is lost if he stumbles into a day without structure. The ultimate soldier. The complete opposite of Robin Friday).

Too busy watching footie so ta for that

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's official - he's a thicko... :oops:

"England team-mate John Stones has been favoured in recent weeks in an inverted full-back role where he pushes into central midfield alongside Rodri.

"He (Walker) cannot do it. To play inside you have to make some educated movements," said Guardiola.

"He has other characteristics. He will always have pace. He will be the fastest in this room at 60 years old."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's official - he's a thicko... :oops:

"England team-mate John Stones has been favoured in recent weeks in an inverted full-back role where he pushes into central midfield alongside Rodri.

"He (Walker) cannot do it. To play inside you have to make some educated movements," said Guardiola.

"He has other characteristics. He will always have pace. He will be the fastest in this room at 60 years old."

Bit rude of Pep.

:LOL:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor again from Peo - really not good management. Just like the Phillips weight thing - keep it indoors not in the media. Great manager but really poor at handling some situations this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a bit De Zerbi-ish, isn't it? He's a very good player and I have every faith in him and totally respect his ability - but I've just dropped him from the first team because he doesn't fit with my style of football ...........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here