Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley down, Luton up

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
On what basis ? Burnley is a decent football way day. The Bridge Bier Huis, the cricket club (especially if the game is during the season), attractive village pubs and places to stay in the surrounding countryside. Luton none of the above. Do you actually go to away games outside the SE ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On what basis ? Burnley is a decent football way day. The Bridge Bier Huis, the cricket club (especially if the game is during the season), attractive village pubs and places to stay in the surrounding countryside. Luton none of the above. Do you actually go to away games outside the SE ?

This. Luton is an absolute dump of the highest order. Avoid the immediate Burnley town centre and the rest of it is great.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

Since the 70's I have visited over 70 former or current league grounds,( new grounds not counted twice) a few abroad and couple of dozen non league. I have been to 4 in Scotland, Carlisle, Middlesbrough, Plymouth, Norwich, 2 in Wales ( +Millennium), all but 2 in London ( QPR and Fulham) . My last visit to Luton was in the 70's my last Albion game at Burnley the BZ 4-0 but a couple since.

Burnley is a burnt out slumhole full of nazis, Luton is just Luton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, but Luton's not in the north, is it. Major consideration for some ..............................

We’ve got enough South/London/near London awaydays……..the longer ones are a good excuse to do a bit of exploring for me. I’d actually like Luton to go up for Jonesy’s sake, but not otherwise. Forest is the best of the bunch, can combine it with a fishing trip on the Trent :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We’ve got enough South/London/near London awaydays……..the longer ones are a good excuse to do a bit of exploring for me. I’d actually like Luton to go up for Jonesy’s sake, but not otherwise. Forest is the best of the bunch, can combine it with a fishing trip on the Trent :lolol:

It’s always me me me….some of us are still working and havnt the time to go on long trips and the only fishing is taking the fish fingers out of the freezer :whistle:

:D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think I’d prefer the countryside Burnley way by quite a lot

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’m all about National League South away games next season :shrug:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Only IF the fixtures are Friendly D?
Closed season on the rivers
As I know for certain you are well aware 😉

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
This should do, for starters...

Burnley is a burnt out slumhole full of nazis, Luton is just Luton.

WTF IS RACIST ABOUT POINTING OUT BURNLEY IS THE ONLY TOWN TO EVER ELECT THE BNP CONTROL OVER THE COUNCIL. Or that Luton is just Luton with a heavy regard for " tommy robinson"

I await your apology

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
WTF IS RACIST ABOUT POINTING OUT BURNLEY IS THE ONLY TOWN TO EVER ELECT THE BNP CONTROL OVER THE COUNCIL. Or that Luton is just Luton with a heavy regard for " tommy robinson"

If you don’t understand what is wrong with what you are SHOUTING about, then there really is little point having a conversation with you.

All the capital letters in the world doesn’t make your viewpoint right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here