Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking At Elland Road

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
First time at Elland Road on Sunday.
Family outing ! with lad who has just finished university up North.
We're driving up from Sheffield on Sunday morning. Anybody have any tips for where best to park (we're heading back to Sussex straight after so easy access to Motorways and out of Leeds appreciated.)
Club website says there are carparks dotted around which are £6 but doesn't look like you can book then and i think there is a couple of Park and Rides. All tips appreciated. .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Two huge car parks right opposite the stadium. That's where we're parking. Takes a short while to get out, but virtually straight on to the motorway.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Or go onto yourparkingspace.com and book a space on a local driveway about a 15 minute walk away for about £6 or £7. Worth a thought also.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Terrific. Thank you

Just had an email from the Club re our game at Wolves tomorrow! Copied from said email;

"MESSAGE FOR FANS TRAVELLING TO ELLAND ROAD

Leeds United looks forward to welcoming Albion fans back to Elland Road.

In order to ensure a speedy and safe entry into the ground, Leeds United would respectfully ask fans not to bring any bags to the stadium. This fixture is a sell out for the away section, so please do not travel unless you have a ticket.

Parking

Over the last two years Leeds United have lost over 800 spaces in their carparks due to work being carried out by Leeds City Council, fans are advised to travel by train or arrive early to ensure you can park. There are two park and ride carparks, one at Junction 46 of the A1M, Temple Green, which can be pre-booked on the Leeds United website. The second is at Stourton off Junction 7 of the M621, again can be pre-booked via the Leeds United website."

Because of this, we're programming our sat-nav to go to Crows Nest Lane, not too far from the ground where there is a car park.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Just don't expect much from the away end. It's rather run down. Was much better when we were in the cheese wedge or whatever they call that corner.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just had an email from the Club re our game at Wolves tomorrow! Copied from said email;

In order to ensure a speedy and safe entry into the ground, Leeds United would respectfully ask fans not to bring any bags to the stadium. This fixture is a sell out for the away section, so please do not travel unless you have a ticket.

Parking

Over the last two years Leeds United have lost over 800 spaces in their carparks due to work being carried out by Leeds City Council, fans are advised to travel by train or arrive early to ensure you can park. There are two park and ride carparks, one at Junction 46 of the A1M, Temple Green, which can be pre-booked on the Leeds United website. The second is at Stourton off Junction 7 of the M621, again can be pre-booked via the Leeds United website."

Because of this, we're programming our sat-nav to go to Crows Nest Lane, not too far from the ground where there is a car park.

Not aware of a car park on Crows Nest Lane Jack but maybe there is one. Also a fair walk uphill after the game to get there.
If you are early, like really early, at the bottom of Crows Nest Lane turn left and there is the Dry Salters pub which charges for it parking but is not big.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just had an email from the Club

Ah! That would be why they’ve spent hundreds of thousands of pounds constructing an enclosed concrete tunnel so visiting supporters can access and exit the ground without being delayed by the embarrassingly over-the-top typical West Yorkshire welcome. I mean there’s only so many cups of tea and barm cakes you can accept before saying you really must be on your way.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Not aware of a car park on Crows Nest Lane Jack but maybe there is one. Also a fair walk uphill after the game to get there.
If you are early, like really early, at the bottom of Crows Nest Lane turn left and there is the Dry Salters pub which charges for it parking but is not big.

Just got back. The parking in Crows Nest Lane stretches down to Elland Road. We entered from the top and it seemed deserted, so we went back out, up the hill to the Whistlestop pub and parked a few yards from there for free.
We went in to said pub. What an experience. It made The Jockey in Shameless look posh! Full of fat blokes wearing replica Leeds shirts throughout the ages. The volume of the music was above ear-shattering levels and you wouldn't have argued with any of the female bar-staff. It was great to experience a bit of local culture!

Attachments

• Leeds Parking.JPG
    Leeds Parking.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 135

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just got back. The parking in Crows Nest Lane stretches down to Elland Road. We entered from the top and it seemed deserted, so we went back out, up the hill to the Whistlestop pub and parked a few yards from there for free.
We went in to said pub. What an experience. It made The Jockey in Shameless look posh! Full of fat blokes wearing replica Leeds shirts throughout the ages. The volume of the music was above ear-shattering levels and you wouldn't have argued with any of the female bar-staff. It was great to experience a bit of local culture!

Glad you got parked OK, plenty of street parking, I thought you meant an actual car park. Not been in the Whistlestop, it sounds like my instincts were right. :cheers:

I trust you didn't walk down Crows Nest Lane and back to get to the ground. :ascarf:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I parked at the 'Temple Green' P&R site. Loads of spaces, plenty of busses and quick to get back after the game. Would use it again - especially as it was only a 25 minute drive from my house. We were at home within an hour of the final whistle, and we didn't leave particularly promptly.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Glad you got parked OK, plenty of street parking, I thought you meant an actual car park. Not been in the Whistlestop, it sounds like my instincts were right. :cheers:

I trust you didn't walk down Crows Nest Lane and back to get to the ground. :ascarf:

No. There is a path from just above the pub which takes you down some sets of steps and you end up by the Police Station on Elland Road, almost at the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Met a Leeds mate in a pub in town, he then drove to the ground and gave us a lift. He parked for free on-street about 10 mins walk from the ground about 45 mins before ko (to the NE of the pic posted above - not far over the other side of the footbridge). Walked back into the city after the game as I'd left my car there, took about 45 mins. Easy trip home too, very few hold-ups.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In the end my wife dropped us off (and she then went shopping). She parked , waiting for us , at the end of the game about 5 minutes or so from Elland Road and then we were on the motorway in about 5 mins.
Went via Sheffield to drop my lad off, then a couple of stops for food and back home at 10pm or so. Easy. Thanks for the tips !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here