Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's not just betting sponsors which f**k up shirts...

county.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't recall the last time I bought a new top to be honest, I have a few of the classics, however I am still interested in what it looks like, I do not want us to have a shite kit, I want to be proud of the kit (stripes) and the team while watching them live or match of the day or whatever.

Blue and white striped home kit has recently been added to the club's charter, so there's no way it won't be stripy

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't recall the last time I bought a new top to be honest, I have a few of the classics, however I am still interested in what it looks like, I do not want us to have a shite kit, I want to be proud of the kit (stripes) and the team while watching them live or match of the day or whatever.

THis

Last current kit I bought ( for myself) was 20 years ago, I have bought and occasionally worn a few cotton Buktas since.

IF we had a classic kit I may well have bought one, unlikely I'd wear it though. Sponsors ruin the shirts usually even if they're good design

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I really do not understand the excitement of "new kit" at all. Its a simple marketing ploy nothing more, and we all know it. The only reason Kits are re designed is to sell them. Why on earth are people falling for this garbage season after season.Just look at the absolute bollocks that has accompanied Southampton's' new "Brave " kit, that just shows what utter utter tosh it all is

Most of us are facing financial constraints at the moment, and new kit for youngsters is not cheap- the power of the pester factor can not be understated, and having a couple of kids wanting the new kits every season is very expensive.

Yet so many people are getting uptight that the new kit hasnt been released yet, so what? lets keep the same kit for at least a couple of years, a lot of parents would breathe a sigh of relief

IMO this really is a case of emperors new clothes and we have all fallen for it. Everyone says we must have new kit every season because everyone has new kit every season

I get excited about new kits and I’m 48 (and will never buy one).

I think it’s the hope that one day, the holy grail of kits will be announced.

Something so simple and perfect that it dazzles the eyes and stirs the imagination.

Something that makes you think ‘wow, the design team at Nike/adidas/puma/kappa/errea really know their shįzzle’

And every year I’m mildly disappointed for an hour and then forget about it.

Weird though, because you’d think designing a good looking kit should be easy.

Yet it’s something that remains just out of reach most seasons.

I think it’s because the designers overthink it.

But what do I know.

Jul 7, 2003
I've enjoyed the Nike training and GK kits more than the actual kits. The black GK kit with gray camo on the sleeves last season was brilliant.

If you buy the GK kits online without the Albion badge and sponsor, they are significantly cheaper.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I get excited about new kits and I’m 48 (and will never buy one).

I think it’s the hope that one day, the holy grail of kits will be announced.

Something so simple and perfect that it dazzles the eyes and stirs the imagination.

Something that makes you think ‘wow, the design team at Nike/adidas/puma/kappa/errea really know their shįzzle’

And every year I’m mildly disappointed for an hour and then forget about it.

Weird though, because you’d think designing a good looking kit should be easy.

Yet it’s something that remains just out of reach most seasons.

I think it’s because the designers overthink it.

But what do I know.

Couldn't agree more. Most years I think - ah, if it just didn't have THIS or THAT, it would be great.

I always want it simpler. More classic. I loved the recent Black away shirt. I would love an AC or Inter Milan style away kit.

Maybe I'm just a bit boring.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah , Watneys red barrel ! What a chemical concoction that was . Thought the bottled brown ale was not too bad , bit sweet though !

I am a proud owner of one of these iconic cycling caps.
I even wore it on Wednesday.

download (3).jpeg

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
[tweet]1542899580307660801[/tweet]

Notts 🤡 Forest new home kit. Very smart and the right colour. Shame it’ll be spoilt by a dirty great sponsor eventually.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Does anyone know what the average shirt sponsorship deal is worth in the PL and Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here