Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace's away kits nearly always look better than their home kits, even if that's probably faint praise. I can't get on with red & blue stripes, or halves, or diagonals, whatever it is they choose.

My mind goes back to the seventies when they had an almost West Ham, claret and Blue vertical with a yellow line down the middle, or something like that, my mate had the shirt, don't ask me why?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The plain blue adidas shirt was from 1980-1983. Then we had a reasonably plain adidas shirt with white and red pinstripes. Between 1985-1987 we had a blue adidas shirt with 3 horizontal bands at the top and horizontal pin strips on the main body of the shirt.

Good point, my first Albion game wasn't until 1983/84, the year after we reached the FA Cup final, the shirt l refer to was our last Adidas one of the late 1980's, three horizontal bands etc.

If memory serves me correctly we wore an indentical shirt but in red, along with red shorts and socks as our second choice kit that season. I also seem to recall that it was either our last season being sponsored by Phoenix Sports, or our first by Nobo.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Good point, my first Albion game wasn't until 1983/84, the year after we reached the FA Cup final, the shirt l refer to was our last Adidas one of the late 1980's, three horizontal bands etc.

If memory serves me correctly we wore an indentical shirt but in red, along with red shorts and socks as our second choice kit that season. I also seem to recall that it was either our last season being sponsored by Phoenix Sports, or our first by Nobo.

Phoenix Brewery

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sure I read somewhere way back that the Nike deal actually expires tomorrow. Maybe a new manufacturer announced?..

Umbro or Castore is my guess.

Can't stand Umbro kit and like Castore even less. Actually I think I'd rather keep Nike than either of those.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
rochdale_2022_2023_away_kit.jpg

:moo:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

85/86 it had Phoenix Brewery, 86/87 it had NOBO.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I'm sure I read somewhere way back that the Nike deal actually expires tomorrow. Maybe a new manufacturer announced?..

Just googled it and you are right. We signed a three year extension which ran to the end of this season. Perhaps it runs out end of June and a new kit manufacturer and launch will be announced 1 July.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Considering the club have announced that the hyper turq shirt will be the third shirt next season I doubt we will have a new supplier. Happy to be proven wrong though as I really don’t Nike’s bland template kits at all.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I’ll put a few quid on it remains as Nike.

Oops, just seen link above.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
That doesn’t mean we’ll have a new supplier though. As I said, the club have announced we will use the hyper turq shirt as our third shirt next season and I believe the colour and sleeve pattern is a Nike exclusive.

It's interesting that the club trialled an old for new shirt swap scheme a few weeks ago.
I wonder if that scheme has been put in place to offer anyone a new hyper turq shirt made by a new manufacturer for the new season?

The silence from the club about the release on next season's kit has been deafening.
I still think there is a good chance we could be changing our manufacturer.
Although if that is the case the club have done well to keep it under wraps.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
New training kits, seen in the video released by the club today, are Nike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here