Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 15-17/5/22

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Us to finish above Palace and Everton survive or Palace finish above us and Everton relegated?

I would take Palace finishing above us and Everton relegated personally.

Hmmm. I'm not going to join you in that one.

Us to finish above Palace and Leeds going down would work fine for me

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I don’t think Everton are safe at all. Palace are more than capable of getting at least a point up there and I can’t see Everton getting anything at Arsenal.

Burnley are also showing ‘spirit’ and were a little unlucky not to get a point at Spurs. Leeds also showed ‘spirit’ too.

I can see Everton relying on other results on the last day. That’s a lottery.

Everton 8-1 to go down.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Saw an Everton fan online saying there is a conspiracy to get them relegated as the EFL wanted a "big team" in the Championship to boost viewer numbers. They were seemingly serious too.

If the EFL want more big clubs in the Championship then maybe they should "conspire" to get Sunderland and Massive promoted from League One?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Arsenal v Newcastle live on Sky….but I’ve currently opted for Huddersfield v Luton with a switch to the PL for the HT break as it kicked off later

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Us to finish above Palace and Everton survive or Palace finish above us and Everton relegated?

I would take Palace finishing above us and Everton relegated personally.

It doesn't have to be either/or.

Everton can draw v Palace and still go down. A draw puts them on 37 points. Leeds are on 35 so can over take them with a win. Burnley are on 34 and have a better goal difference than Everton, and have two games to play. If everton draw v Palace then lose their last game, Burnley only need to win one of theirs and not lose the other by at least 2 more than Everton lose v Arsenal (depending on how large Burnley's winning margin is in their other game).

Then Palace have only gained one point, and as long as we get a better result (win v draw, draw v loss, ie scoreline not enough unless we get to double figues) we finish above them.

I'd be happy with that. Or palace losing and Everton being safe with Burnley going down. Or with leeds going down.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It doesn't have to be either/or.

Everton can draw v Palace and still go down. A draw puts them on 37 points. Leeds are on 35 so can over take them with a win. Burnley are on 37 and have a better goal difference than Everton, and have two games to play. If everton draw v Palace then lose their last game, Burnley only need to win one of theirs and not lose the other by at least 2 more than Everton lose v Arsenal (depending on how large Burnley's winning margin is in their other game).

Then Palace have only gained one point, and as long as we get a better result (win v draw, draw v loss, ie scoreline not enough unless we get to double figues) we finish above them.

I'd be happy with that. Or palace losing and Everton being safe with Burnley going down. Or with leeds going down.

Burnley are on 34 points, but a win in either of their 2 remaining games would put them above Everton if they got one point from their 2.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Burnley are on 34 points, but a win in either of their 2 remaining games would put them above Everton if they got one point from their 2.

Oops. Yeah. I kept rewording it, that's a remnant from my 'if burnley win one they are then on 37' version).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Arsenal have bottled the CL. So predictable.

All this chat about Howe being manager of the season though is a farce. He spent £90m in January. I could have managed them to safety with £90m. He will be gone by Xmas when they are mid table and not meeting the Saudi expectations.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would be sweet.

But he’s a snide who never quite does enough to get a red.

The Everton forum’s predictably bitter. Blaming their woes in this match on an EPL conspiracy against them.

Scousers playing the victim? Wonder where they got that idea from?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here