Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] vs Man Utd...Pitchside video

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's been noticeable in the last few games how much happier Biss seems.

A lot more smiling and getting involved in goal celebrations etc

Probably because a deal has been signed and sealed to triple his wages and get him playing Champions League football next season :lol:. In all seriousness, although we'd all like him to stay you can't begrudge him a move as long as it makes financial sense for the club.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
AliMac's take to help set up Cucu's goal. Sanchez' pass to Cucu, and his take, Trossard commits 2 defenders before setting up Gross. Pascal, ubercool celebration...and what a game...Gross (I'll miss him). The AliMac, Welbz one two 👏👏.
We.were.seriously.good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd missed Caicedo's little dance at the end of his celebration until now. Not sure what's better, that or Cucurella almost totally losing it with joyful emotion.

Anyone else spot Krispies in the middle of the NSK?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Probably because a deal has been signed and sealed to triple his wages and get him playing Champions League football next season :lol:. In all seriousness, although we'd all like him to stay you can't begrudge him a move as long as it makes financial sense for the club.

Or he has decided to stay after realising that whilst he is the big fish in the pond their are some pretty decent players around him....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
AliMac's take to help set up Cucu's goal. Sanchez' pass to Cucu, and his take, Trossard commits 2 defenders before setting up Gross. Pascal, ubercool celebration...and what a game...Gross (I'll miss him). The AliMac, Welbz one two 👏👏.
We.were.seriously.good.

as did Fred (twice)

More seriously he has not gone yet and hope he will stay but he has to play in an advanced role - he has great technique, his goal was fantastic, his disallowed goal against Southampton was equally good and he had a decent shot that De Gea saved and it was his decent shot that was charged down which then fell to Calcedo.

Moder will be out for half of next season and Mwepu looks like he might keep getting niggling injuries...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
yes, the double doing of Fred, followed by a back heal to Cucu was sublime...leaving Fred looking like he wanted to go home, and the crowd loving it.

As you say, Gross in an advanced position is more effective (IMO) - his passing was superb vs MU, and he pressed and chased down very well. He seemed to have a freer roll than usual and relished it. When he's in a more defensive midfield position he can get caught out more because he is slow to turn and recover position. Fantastic display! I'd be happy if he stays another year - I think he and Potter have gradually figured out how and when best to play him.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Or he has decided to stay after realising that whilst he is the big fish in the pond their are some pretty decent players around him....

It could well be: apart from the lure of Champions League and more money (ok, ok, two very big lures :facepalm:) I can imagine that chasing the 'big 5' (or however many there are left) can be a lot more exciting than being in the Big 5. At least, as a fan, that's how I seem to feel. I seem to love supporting an underdog, under the radar team. Anyway, it's not impossible we're in the Big 5 next season :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here