Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PL teams qualifying for Europe. Brighton?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That article is out of date, written before the FA Cup and European semi finals.

The top 7 In the PL will qualify for the European places. Wolves heavy defeat means West Ham only need a point from their final two games to guarantee a top 7 finish, baring a miraculous goal difference swing. No one else currently outside of the top 8 can qualify for Europe.

So we are at least a season away from Europe.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I wasnt referencing BHA qualifying this season to play next but wondering how far away the club are from qualifying in the future.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
That article is out of date, written before the FA Cup and European semi finals.

The top 7 In the PL will qualify for the European places. Wolves heavy defeat means West Ham only need a point from their final two games to guarantee a top 7 finish, baring a miraculous goal difference swing. No one else currently outside of the top 8 can qualify for Europe.

So we are at least a season away from Europe.
Brighton can finish in 8th place.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Our chances are just less than 'no chance'

As far as I can see, only as far as seventh will qualify.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton can finish in 8th place.
1-4 Champions League
5-6 Europa League (6th because the FA Cup winner comes from (1-4))
7 Europa Conference League playoff (as Liverpool won the League Cup)

We can't qualify.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I simply said BHA can finish 8th. Thats a fact. Why read more into it? Its close and maybe next season it can happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
1-4 Champions League
5-6 Europa League (6th because the FA Cup winner comes from (1-4))
7 Europa Conference League playoff (as Liverpool won the League Cup)

We can't qualify.

Yup... can never qualify from 8th nowadays unless you win one of the European cups in that season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This season - not quite. West Ham's result at the weekend scuppered any outside chance we had. Next season? Who knows? We could come close.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Being just outside will surely help pull off getting any new players in especially a proven goal scorer if they are also sold on the thought the following season the club can make it to Europe.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The way I read the OPs question was, how close to achieving a high enough finish for a european place. I reckon within the next three seasons

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I think a lot will depend on keeping the nucleus of the squad together and adding a couple of key players for me top target is keeper followed by proven goals scorer.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
New keeper?
Yes I think the team can do a lot better and will need to if they are to push on for a top spot in Europe. Definitely and a prove goal scorer would be my only other target assuming we keep the main other players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here