Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Archer Out

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just met a nice guy (Cardiff fan) in a pub in St Helier who was telling me about spending the evening in the company of Stephen Archer.
Told me that Archer Jr. insisted his old man was in it to improve things, but conceded he knew nothing about football.

He told him that the family had been hounded out. Had to move out of their house when we went visiting.

I explained the other side of the story.
The £56.25. The £20m profit. The lack of a plan.

But I was interested to hear the other side of the story.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you get Bill's new address or not?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
There is a special place in hell for Bill Archer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Archer Jnr was obviously lied to by his father, as were we. The scummy asset stripping twunt

Archer, Stanley and Bellotti, may they all rot in hell

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I just met a nice guy (Cardiff fan) in a pub in St Helier who was telling me about spending the evening in the company of Stephen Archer.
Told me that Archer Jr. insisted his old man was in it to improve things, but conceded he knew nothing about football.

He told him that the family had been hounded out. Had to move out of their house when we went visiting.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?265799-Bill-Archer-s-Lies

A good thread to read :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Iffy start and then went sharply downhill from there :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Back in the days of Withdean when Knight was very much in charge and Tony Bloom was behind the scenes, I was coming back from work one night on the train. It was very late, winter and I had my Brighton hat on.

A young man spotted it and walked down the carriage to speak to me.

- You a Brighton fan ?
- Yeah
- Heard of the Blooms ?
- Vaguely
- Don't trust them with your club (or something like that) and walked away.

The other side of the story is often bollocks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how old he is these days. Must be getting on a bit. Half expected to hear he was long gone, and that somehow we'd missed his passing. Outlasted Stanley and Bellotti though I guess.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I wonder how old he is these days. Must be getting on a bit. Half expected to hear he was long gone, and that somehow we'd missed his passing. Outlasted Stanley and Bellotti though I guess.

At the EFL meeting in London when they were voting to expel us, I met him. I said I looked forward to being at his funeral.
He asked if that was a threat?
I said of course not, but that I was sure I'd be around longer than him.
I do hope we get to hear when he goes, so I can attend.

Sorry if I'd got anyone's hopes up

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

He’s 77 or 78, depending on when in May 1944 he was born.

The site I used to find his age also listed his home address, which surprised me. I would have thought he might have hidden it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Oh, that prick.

I saw the thread title and assumed Jofra had picked up yet another long term injury!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Rather ironic who supplies IT Support and stadium wireless now !

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Back in the days of Withdean when Knight was very much in charge and Tony Bloom was behind the scenes, I was coming back from work one night on the train. It was very late, winter and I had my Brighton hat on.

A young man spotted it and walked down the carriage to speak to me.

- You a Brighton fan ?
- Yeah
- Heard of the Blooms ?
- Vaguely
- Don't trust them with your club (or something like that) and walked away.

The other side of the story is often bollocks.

Was it Matthew Benham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here