Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we finish in the top 10?

Will Albion finish in the top 10 this season?

• Yes - we've got this!

Votes: 128 81.0%
  • No - on the beach innit

Votes: 30 19.0%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I fear we won't.

Wolves are at home to Norwich next up, and will win. We would need 2 wins to level their points haul. Liverpool could help us out there if the title race is still on.

The wankpuffins have a cushy game in hand, home to Everton, so will extend their GD there. I fear they will finish above us.

Leicester and Villa are still in the mix. A Villa Wankpuffin draw this weekend would be good.

Yes, I could handle a Villa win in that one, but not a WP one, although a draw is probably better. Villa have 43 points, and have to play City (v low probability of even getting a point) and Burnley, who are fighting for survival. WP, on the other hand, have 44 points and Everton (could be tricky) and United (probably a free pass) after, alongside a superior goal difference.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m going to find my “we can still finish 11th” thread from just before the Arsenal game….. I got some stick for believing back then.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Hard to say. Looking at the table after last night's results, my take is this. Assume the following:

1. Leicester win their game in hand
2. Palace win their game in hand

That puts us, notionally, 11th. All the other teams behind us with games in hand would remain behind.

So: in order to finish top 10 we need to both continue our current run of form (win at Leeds, and at least a draw at West Ham) *and* rely on results elsewhere IMO. I think the most likely result is 11th.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yep.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon it's on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the beach is unlikely imo, I think the players are bloody loving the form we've hit just as much as the fans. Leeds will be tough because they will be desperate so it could easily go either way. I'm going for a hat trick of tonkings and Palace and Leicester may well win their remaining games too.

Nervously I am going for, yes, yes we will finish 9th

Can I have Mark Lawrenson’s job? :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here