Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we finish in the top 10?

Will Albion finish in the top 10 this season?

• Yes - we've got this!

Votes: 128 81.0%
  • No - on the beach innit

Votes: 30 19.0%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Going to Leeds when they are in a "must win" situation and the crowd will be on the edge will not be easy.

Similarly, West Ham may need to win on the final day to finish 7th and in a European place. They may be highly motivated given they came so close in Europe this season.

That said, we are motivated to finish top half and - I'm sure this is also a factor with Dunk the captain - above Palace. I have us drawing both and finishing 10th. A big match is Everton - Palace on Thu 19th May.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course we won’t! We’re so close but we know the Albion gene will kick in, just like it did with Gordon Smith, and after Wigan when the trophy was all but ours. Nope, Palace will nick it at the death and we’ll be reassuringly “Seagulls-ey” :wozza: :rant: :albion2:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bet365 currently have us at 2/9 for a top half finish.

I’m sure there were a few on here who backed us to be top 10 at the start of the season. What were the odds then?

No idea. I backed us at 10s to go down which I still stand by was value at the time.

I also backed Newcastle at 11s when the take over went through for a top half finish so hopefully we won't finish in the top 10 as we'll be taking a space they could be in.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No idea. I backed us at 10s to go down which I still stand by was value at the time.

I also backed Newcastle at 11s when the take over went through for a top half finish so hopefully we won't finish in the top 10 as we'll be taking a space they could be in.

I hope you don't mind me saying, I hope you lose your stake.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Going to Leeds when they are in a "must win" situation and the crowd will be on the edge will not be easy.

Similarly, West Ham may need to win on the final day to finish 7th and in a European place. They may be highly motivated given they came so close in Europe this season.

That said, we are motivated to finish top half and - I'm sure this is also a factor with Dunk the captain - above Palace. I have us drawing both and finishing 10th. A big match is Everton - Palace on Thu 19th May.

Surely Spurs and Arsenal were equally motivated at home with a Champions League place and those riches on the line?

We actually seem to do okay against well motivated pro-active teams - I actually think the circumstances probably suit us, there will be huge pressure on our opposition in both games and actually, very little on us.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Did we look “on the beach” against Manchester United, when we had already secured our record points tally? Feels to me like Potter has got this. He’s got the players really kicking on and aiming for club history. He might also be using the memory of “Boogate” to help in this, when his quote was something along the lines that some supporters might need a history lesson.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did we look “on the beach” against Manchester United, when we had already secured our record points tally? Feels to me like Potter has got this. He’s got the players really kicking on and aiming for club history. He might also be using the memory of “Boogate” to help in this, when his quote was something along the lines that some supporters might need a history lesson.

This for me - might be proved wrong on Sunday but I think the squad are champing at the bit to keep winning - spirit seems to be higher than it's been for ages right across the squad (really good example was the way Dunk and Biss went to Sanchez when we scored the third v Man U). Genuinely think (and desperately hope) Leeds are in for a proper battering and our boys will want to finish at the Amex on a real high after the poor home form was partly put to bed last week. The lack of pressure on us seems to have boosted confidence massively - the flicks, tricks, and backheels amongst all the lovely first-time pinging the ball about in the last few games are testament to that.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I think the way we play, the above situations might actually suit us. Our midfield are FANTASTIC when they can get space to play in. Leeds and West Ham will have to leave gaps if they want to try to win their games vs us.

Last edited:

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Voted with my blue and white specs, clearly. Head says different...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Worth adding that boogate was against Dirty

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It looks like the newer players have a better attitude to end of season games and the beach will have to wait, as it should always.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think the best we can do is tenth with Leicester in ninth. I’ll be happy with 10th - top half of “the best league in the world” (if you believe the hype).

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Spread Markets favour us taking 9th spot with 50pts.

PL Pts 21-22    12-05-22.PNG

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I fear we won't.

Wolves are at home to Norwich next up, and will win. We would need 2 wins to level their points haul. Liverpool could help us out there if the title race is still on.

The wankpuffins have a cushy game in hand, home to Everton, so will extend their GD there. I fear they will finish above us.

Leicester and Villa are still in the mix. A Villa Wankpuffin draw this weekend would be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here