Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we finish in the top 10?

Will Albion finish in the top 10 this season?

• Yes - we've got this!

Votes: 128 81.0%
  • No - on the beach innit

Votes: 30 19.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If my maths is right (and there's every chance it's not - and I've not tried to work out the points "lost" where sides have to play each other) eight different teams could still finish in positions 8-10 this season (although Southampton would need some kind of miracle).

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 11.08.02.png

Fixtures remaining...

Wolves
Man City (h)
Norwich (h)
Liverpool (a)

Albion
Leeds (a)
West Ham (h)

Palace
Villa (a)
Everton (a)
Man Utd (h)

Brentford
Everton (a)
Leeds (h)

Newcastle
Arsenal (h)
Burnley (a)

Leicester
Norwich (h)
Watford (a)
Chelsea (h)
Southampton (a)

Southampton
Liverpool (h)
Leicester (a)

Will we get that elusive top 10 finish this season?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think 50points gives us a decent chance. If we want to hold on to 9th I think we need to win out. Still all to play for. Would be nice to finish with a flourish rather than the usual post awards dinner on-the-beach performances

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wolves 3 extra points = 53
Brighton 4 extra points = 51
Leicester 7 extra points = 49
Palace 3 extra points = 47
Brentford 3 extra points = 46
Newcastle 3 extra points = 46
Southampton 1 extra point = 41

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
One more win required. 4 points should do it

I fancy Leicester to get 3 wins.

Not sure Palace will get more than 4 more points

Villa I know have City and Burnley still,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we win ONE our last two, then we will very likely finish at least 10th.

Southampton already are unable to catch us, so they can be deleted from the equation already. One more win would mean Brentford and Newcastle are unable to catch us.

Palace would need to win 2 of 3 tricky games (and if they did that probably includes beating Villa, which helps elsewhere)

Villa would need 7 points from 3 games (that include Man City on the final day)

Leicester would probably need 3 wins from 4 (or two big wins and two draws).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A link to the legendary Fishy predictor for anyone who wants to see what the table would look like if the games go the way they predict: https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?competition=1

My guesses mainly went with form and home advantage. I had us drawing the last two and finishing 11th behind Villa on goal difference, but 2 points above Palace in 12th. Wolves are pretty much there. Leicester should be able to beat the two relegated sides and Southampton at home. The above misses out Villa's games. I gave them the two home wins.

Palace (h)
Burnley (h)
Man City (a)

Its really close. One win could do it, but following the Man U demolition and awards dinner, I'm expecting our usual season end tail off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the beach is unlikely imo, I think the players are bloody loving the form we've hit just as much as the fans. Leeds will be tough because they will be desperate so it could easily go either way. I'm going for a hat trick of tonkings and Palace and Leicester may well win their remaining games too.

Nervously I am going for, yes, yes we will finish 9th

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nearly £10m quid at stake given how low or high we could finish.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Having looked at Wolves's last 3 games 8th is a real possibility. You've got to assume they'll lose to Man City and Liverpool but beat Norwich which would leave them on 53 points. Their current goal difference is +1. Lose by a couple to both Man city and liverpool, beat norwich by a couple and then they're on -1.

If we win our last two games we'll also be on 53 points. Our current gd is -4. Winning both games by one goal would put us on -2.

That looks to me like we're in with a shout of 8th which would be incredible.

Now I've thought about it and mentioned it as a possibility I've probably jinxed it and we'll lose both our last games and end up 14th...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we can win both these last two games and that should be enough

Got to love following the Albion. It wasn’t that long ago most of us wondered where the next point was coming from and now we are expecting to win another two on the bounce :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got to love following the Albion. It wasn’t that long ago most of us wondered where the next point was coming from and now we are expecting to win another two on the bounce :lolol:

I wouldn't say "expecting" but I'll be absolutely FURIOUS if we don't. We really should be beating teams like Leeds and West Ham.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I reckon we'll get two draws, and Palace will go above us on goal difference, Wolves will stay where they are with Villa and Palace in 9th and 10th.

Fortunately, I am rubbish at predictions.

Jimmy Grimble

Bet365 currently have us at 2/9 for a top half finish.

I’m sure there were a few on here who backed us to be top 10 at the start of the season. What were the odds then?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If we play close to the standard of our last two matches, then 6 further points are a strong possibility. Anything less and it's in the lap of the gods, but I feel quietly confident of 9th or 10th spot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beat Leeds and we finish at lowest 12th - our highest ever finish.

It is a *must win* game lol.

Only after that will I set my sights on 'Top 10'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's almost unbelievable that not only is the question being asked but that the answer might just be yes.

"I think we'll get a point from Arsenal Spurs and City but hoping for two", already seems like a different season.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wolves play City tonight so hopefully they'll get an absolute tonking and it will make things a little easier for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here