Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board - voting ends Friday May 13th

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've met a few people in the last couple of weeks who don't know about this club initiative, and a few who tell me they haven't received the email from the club.

I would like to think everyone would want to get involved in this. So if you haven't had an email around the end of April, perhaps check your spam folder, or chase the club up.

Voting ends Sunday.
Results announced a week later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sunday May 13th?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ha Ha.... I took that from the email from the club.

Never occurred to me that might be another error (like [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] original biog)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha Ha.... I took that from the email from the club.

Never occurred to me that might be another error (like [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] original biog)

And the wrong day and time for the Man U mail out!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It seems that the club are so keen to avoid bias that they have removed any ability to make an informed decision unless you personally know a candidate as the 50 word statements basically all say the same thing.

I'm forecasting a record low turn out.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
As I know none of the candidates personally, and the majority of the descriptions are fairly similar, I’m struggling to vote in all honesty.

Vote for me, Jack Stephenson, I’m a regular traveller home and away (as well as any other random game), I just want to give a voice for Brighton fans up and down the country, but it’s a great selection of many great candidates.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Vote for me, Jack Stephenson, I’m a regular traveller home and away (as well as any other random game), I just want to give a voice for Brighton fans up and down the country, but it’s a great selection of many great candidates.

I’m not doubting your commitment to the club or your motivation for standing, but I’d question how you’re able
to determine whether people are great candidates or not based on a very short self-written bio. IMO, it would have been better for the club to shortlist candidates and then conduct their own competency-based interviews/selection process.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I’m not doubting your commitment to the club or your motivation for standing, but I’d question how you’re able
to determine whether people are great candidates or not based on a very short self-written bio. IMO, it would have been better for the club to shortlist candidates and then conduct their own competency-based interviews/selection process.

Absolutely not. Wouldn't want the club making the selections at all.

I have voted, but i do agree it is a little strange for us to have so many votes despite knowing so relatively little about the candidates.

Many the club presumed people would use the internet to go on proper election campaigns? Bar a few posts on here and a couple of tweets there hasn't been a huge amount.

Anyway, quite looking forward to seeing how this ends up. Cautiously optimistic that having a group representing fans in the ear of the decision makers will be a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

There was a long document that we all had to do, various statements and competency, the 50 words is a miniscule amount of what I wrote

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
There was a long document that we all had to do, various statements and competency, the 50 words is a miniscule amount of what I wrote

We get that, but the fact remains that fans only have those 50 words to go on. IMHO the club should have shared more of your application details with fans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I know none of the candidates personally, and the majority of the descriptions are fairly similar, I’m struggling to vote in all honesty.

I'd completely forgotten about this, but your post sums up why I didn't vote when I first received the email and checked things over.

The voting process requires me to vote for people that I know nothing about - and the bios don't really add to that in any meaningful way - in order to cast votes for the small number I do know. That just doesn't feel right - I would like to cast fewer votes than is compulsory.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We get that, but the fact remains that fans only have those 50 words to go on. IMHO the club should have shared more of your application details with fans.

It was more of a response to the final line, about interview process, but I agree there was very little to go off on the statements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here