Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] iPod - RIP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yuppie bollocks.

MP3 player is all you need.

Loud “Boooooh”

Don’t use mine anymore as my music is all on my yuppie Iphone (can an old codger be a yuppie?)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For a Swede, you know a lot of colloquialisms.

Yeah thats what happens, I guess. I met some English girl (from "Devon" or something like that, she was a Plymouth supporter) at the pub this Saturday and she was convinced I had lived in England for at least a few years.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Yeah thats what happens, I guess. I met some English girl (from "Devon" or something like that, she was a Plymouth supporter) at the pub this Saturday and she was convinced I had lived in England for at least a few years.

Isn’t the Swedish translation of yuppie, err yuppie?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have four of them, and more than 17,000 items (some 2+ hours long) saved on four hard drives. The Misery Hour, anyone?

Tried streaming recently and all my latest 'witch house' and 'wave' bollocks is available so I suspect I'm in old man territory. But I love random play and you can't do that by streaming can you? Bowie to Hunters and Collectors, to Existemy, to Fraunhofer Diffraction, to King Sunny Ade, to Gene Loves Jezebel, to Caravan, to Japan? Nah! iPOD forever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just about to sell my 2 120gb 7th generation iPods.. hopefully mean they might be worth a few quid more??

Not used them in a couple of years since Spotify and i phones took over.

They were going for £400 a few years ago. On Amazon today for £280 (albeit 160 gb 'refurbished'). On eBAY for £100.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have four of them, and more than 17,000 items (some 2+ hours long) saved on four hard drives. The Misery Hour, anyone?

Tried streaming recently and all my latest 'witch house' and 'wave' bollocks is available so I suspect I'm in old man territory. But I love random play and you can't do that by streaming can you? Bowie to Hunters and Collectors, to Existemy, to Fraunhofer Diffraction, to King Sunny Ade, to Gene Loves Jezebel, to Caravan, to Japan? Nah! iPOD forever.

You lost me after Bowie

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, just shows how retro we are in our house - neither my wife or I have ever owned an iPod; we still use CDs and and my wife still plays the occasional cassette. We talked about getting one, but it didn't seem worth it. We also still have a functioning VHS player, next you'll be telling me they don't make those any more ...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yup, got three for different rooms and car. Just bought one for £150 256gbs or something like that....but it can take all my beautiful music IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here