Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Behind the scenes at the Amex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant, shame what I assume is an Albion employee (?) is calling it the Premiership!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Excellent watch - from someone who has already been on the tour. Thanks for highlighting

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Been so long since I did the tour, good to see

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Brilliant, shame what I assume is an Albion employee (?) is calling it the Premiership!!

I agree. Anyone calling it anything other than the first division is just pandering to the bloated mess football has become in this day and age!

I bet he refers to Brighton as a city as well.....sack him Tone!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
that was great. Good to see an objective view from a non brighton fan. He was genuinely impressed by the stadium, and had obviously done his research into the clubs past

Loved seeing the difference between the away and home dressing rooms

Great watch

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excellent.

When we do take the mickey out of watch-a-long vloggers and entitled United fans we should keep in the back of our mind that guys like him exist. A real enthusiasm for the game and respect for opponents and history. Excellent stuff. Actually makes me want to take a look at some of the other clubs' grounds that he's covered.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Excellent.

When we do take the mickey out of watch-a-long vloggers and entitled United fans we should keep in the back of our mind that guys like him exist. A real enthusiasm for the game and respect for opponents and history. Excellent stuff. Actually makes me want to take a look at some of the other clubs' grounds that he's covered.

Agreed. Great feature.
PS - Flex does the watch a long/ post match / instant punditry stuff too.

https://youtu.be/qE42urm3UVg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Great stuff.

Fun, but professional and knowledgeable.

That signed yellow shirt, btw! Lovely!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Knowledgable my arse! He didn't mention that the pitch is higher in the middle along the length of its spine than at the sidelines. Something to do with Poyet to encourage faster ( downhill ) passing out to the wings. May not, of course ,be the case now if re-laying has occurred but was certainly the case when we did the stadium tour about 8 years ago.:D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mainly because outside of nerdy football forums no one else gives a shit whether it’s Premier League or Premiership.

Disagree with that. If I have the radio on and I hear premiership, I tune out immediately as it is inevitably talking about either scottish footie or rugger, neither of which interest me in the slightest. There is a point in calling something the right name.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Disagree with that. If I have the radio on and I hear premiership, I tune out immediately as it is inevitably talking about either scottish footie or rugger, neither of which interest me in the slightest. There is a point in calling something the right name.

Well, my point was the public at large, not whether a broadcaster gets it right or wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here