Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who missed Cucu's goal on Saturday?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Given it came only a few minutes into the 2nd half, and looking at the highlights there were still many people who has yet to retake their seats...

Of those who were there, who was still on the concourse, or in the toilet, and missed it?

You're in a safe place here, you can own up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me , I was on my way back to my seat and asking people to let me through as we scored. I was blocking views and had my back to the pitch. I pissed a few people off too :down:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
missed it having a fag in a pub garden heard a cheer of 'albiooooon' from in the pub (bearing in mind said pub is in the north west of england) and returned immediately

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I missed both the Lopez free kick, and the Andone solo effort, both v Palace - as I was in the loo or on my way back! Lessons to be learnt!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Have never understood why people leave 5 mins before half time to get a pint or pie in and return to their seats 5 mins after the re-start so they can squeeze another pie or beer in. Anyone would have thought the Amex is the only place where beer and pies are served over the course of a weekend and only between 3.40 - 4.05pm !!! Hey ho each to their own.:shrug:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
My mate was in the gents where a quick analysis of the volume of the cheers made most optimistically shake up swiftly to try to see the big screen replay!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
At the recent Southampton game I had to go to the loo 5 mins after the start of second half, I was down and up in 45 seconds and despite a violent shake I ran back to my seat with pi$$ all over my trousers past about 400 people on the North Stand concourse standing around in little groups eating, drinking, laughing with no sense of urgency to get back to the game, still, each to his own.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At the recent Southampton game I had to go to the loo 5 mins after the start of second half, I was down and up in 45 seconds and despite a violent shake I ran back to my seat with pi$$ all over my trousers past about 400 people on the North Stand concourse standing around in little groups eating, drinking, laughing with no sense of urgency to get back to the game, still, each to his own.

I'd suggest there is a middle path, between these 2 extremes that is 'perfect'.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Have never understood why people leave 5 mins before half time to get a pint or pie in and return to their seats 5 mins after the re-start so they can squeeze another pie or beer in. Anyone would have thought the Amex is the only place where beer and pies are served over the course of a weekend and only between 3.40 - 4.05pm !!! Hey ho each to their own.:shrug:

Well seeing as none of the superfans on here will admit to do it........

I leave for half time early pretty much every game to get a beer so can answer any questions you may have. Normally back in time to see the start of the second as I was on Saturday.

I've been really lucky missing anything of note. I can only recall missing one goal in the years I've been doing it and that was Ward Prowse's free kick the other week. I left to go to the bar when we got our second and hadn't pre-ordered (which I have been doing a fair bit this season as the lounges have been terrible this season from a staffing point of view). Got served right away and was sat down at a table when his goal went in. I hate queuing, especially when in a hurry so consider it a win even if I did miss a goal.

At the Liverpool game due to a **** up at the bar we got one more pint that we ordered. So a couple of our group stayed back and had an extra half. Last conversation we had was "Oh Lallana is coming on" as we went back out for the second half. They didn't see a second of him on the field. Same mate also went for a shit when Ali J scored his overhead kick against Chelsea.

el punal

Blimey, just as well you weren’t having a shit. :eek:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Caught all the goals on Saturday, luckily.

Was shocked that an old guy in front of us got up and left just before half-time... AS WE WERE TAKING A CORNER.

If we'd scored he would have got it with both barrels. In fact, the only reason he didn't was due to his advanced years.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yep, christ knows how many I've missed now

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here