Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League One play-off Sunderland or Wycombe Wanderers?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well according to Pep everyone wants Liverpool to pick up The EPL title,so what about those so called fallen giants Sunderland or those plucky little upstarts Wycombe for Championship football next season,The Chairboys for me. Please.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Wycombe were shafted by Derby County's delayed points deduction which relegated Wycombe and allowed Derby a further season in the Championship.

So it's Wycombe for me.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Wycombe. Purely because a friend backs them. Whereas the only person I know who backed Sunderland is a former work colleague who ... less said the better.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wycombe - Their fans were denied being at Wembley to win the play off final last time due to Covid, then denied seeing them in The Championship for the first time due to a season of games mostly behind closed doors, before being relegated thanks to the delayed Derby points deduction.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wycombe.

At some point I guess it would be nice to have a well supported team like Sunderland in one of the two top divisions... but not quite yet. They need a little more suffering and a little bit more torture. Their misery can be milked for another year.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wycombe without a doubt. Used to play Sunday league with a fan of theirs and he was a good lad, plus they were shafted by the Derby fiasco. On the other than the only Sunderland fan I know is a massive **** so **** em.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sunderland. It's ridiculous having a club like that in League One. Would like to see them back in the Premier League soon, far rather have a proper club like that in there than the likes of Bournemouth.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sunderland. It's ridiculous having a club like that in League One. Would like to see them back in the Premier League soon, far rather have a proper club like that in there than the likes of Bournemouth.

I'd rather have almost any club in there than Bournemouth to be honest. As for Sunderland, I don't really care one way or the other. I'd be happy enough for Wycombe to go up and Sunderland to go up as champions of division three next season, which is far more likely than the other way round.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lower league shite, I care not :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn't Sunderlands average home attendance this season bigger than ours? Impressive for League One!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

Dreadful comment, sort of self entitled shite regularly posted on Twitter over the years, except where you’ve written “Sunderland” read Leeds/Forest/Wednesday etc and where you’ve written “Bournemouth” in many cases read Brighton.

As much as you (or even I) might not like it, Bournemouth are a better football team than Sunderland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wycombe rail station rammed with queuing fans on way to Wembley, marvellous scenes.
Com on you Chairboys....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here