Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10-12/5/22

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Intriguing fixtures at the bottom of the table and in the race for a top half finish, both Villa and Leicester use up one of their games in hand.

TUESDAY 10TH MAY
Aston Villa v Liverpool (20:00) - Sky Sports

WEDNESDAY 11TH MAY
Leeds United v Chelsea (19:30) - Sky Sports
Leicester City v Norwich City (19:45)
Watford v Everton (19:45)
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City (20:15) - Sky Sports

THURSDAY 12TH MAY
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal (19:45) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 08.57.54.png

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
So after this round, the highest we can finish is 9th, and the lowest we can finish is... er...9th

That's good. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So after this round, the highest we can finish is 9th, and the lowest we can finish is... er...9th

Am I missing something?

As things stand, all of Palace, Villa, Brentford, Newcastle and Leicester can finish above us.

Even if results go our way (ie Villa and Leicester both lose) then Palace, Villa, Brentford, Newcastle and Leicester can still finish above us unless there are some fixtures between those sides that reduces the points they all can still accrue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After this round of fixtures.

I must be lost, or tired or maths-stupid or something.

By my reckoning there are still a group of clubs who can overhaul us, regardless of the outcomes in this round of fixtures.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I must be lost, or tired or maths-stupid or something.

By my reckoning there are still a group of clubs who can overhaul us, regardless of the outcomes in this round of fixtures.

He is saying after this single round of games, we will still be 9th no matter what. He isn’t commenting on rest of season.

I still believe he is wrong as Palace can overtake on GD

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He is saying after this single round of games, we will still be 9th no matter what. He isn’t commenting on rest of season.

I still believe he is wrong as Palace can overtake on GD

I'm tired.

But not tired enough to know that Palace aren't playing!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Am I missing something?

As things stand, all of Palace, Villa, Brentford, Newcastle and Leicester can finish above us.

Even if results go our way (ie Villa and Leicester both lose) then Palace, Villa, Brentford, Newcastle and Leicester can still finish above us unless there are some fixtures between those sides that reduces the points they all can still accrue.

Yeah, what Bozza said. There are a good few teams with games in hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we were overtaken by some/all of them.

But then we're getting six points from the next two games, so happy days! :albion2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking forward o a “mighty Leeds” defeat tomorrow

I'm not very comfortable with this one. On paper, Chelsea should see them off, but Leeds' plight is more desperate so they'll be up for it, and Chelsea have the FA Cup final on Saturday, so might just take their eye off the ball.

Hopefully, Wolves' late equaliser at the weekend (annoying as it was from an Albion perspective) will have shaken them out of any complacency regards their top four finish, and they'll do the business.

Either way, let's hope Leeds run themselves into the ground trying to get something out of it, perhaps with a red card or two thrown in, to knacker them for our next game :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
All away wins please.

Keep Leeds in the mire, and the chasing pack are kept at arms length from us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm struggling to understand how people are struggling to understand Brok's post about us staying 9th. :shrug:

Even if Leicester or Villa win their games in hand, they won't go above us, in round 36.

Next weekend's fixtures are a whole new ball game.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
If I've read it right, we still can't relegate them at the weekend though :(

I think if Chelsea beat Leeds tomorrow and then if Burnley beat Spurs on the midday Sunday kickoff we could mathematically relegate Leeds by winning there at 2pm as they would need to turn around a goal difference of around 15 goals to stay up (even if they win and Burnley lose on the final day).

A lot of ifs…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here