Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How refreshing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
to have a manager who says “I enjoy it here” when asked about the Tottenham rumours.

Not saying he won’t go but unlike a certain ex hero he’s not obviously champing at the bit to go to a “big” club

Classy response and he does not appear to be using us as a stepping stone, can’t ask for more from a small club manager imo. Maybe we are no longer “a small club” though

That’s all

Source - today’s Argus - I can only see the headline though

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
“It wasn’t so long back that I was probably getting criticism and if you’d gone on some local fan sites, I bet I wasn’t the flavour of the month, so things change pretty quickly – let’s not forget that. But I’ve always had the support of Tony [Bloom] and the board and they’ve given me chance to work, so I’m grateful for that and I enjoy it here.”

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
“It wasn’t so long back that I was probably getting criticism and if you’d gone on some local fan sites, I bet I wasn’t the flavour of the month, so things change pretty quickly – let’s not forget that. But I’ve always had the support of Tony [Bloom] and the board and they’ve given me chance to work, so I’m grateful for that and I enjoy it here.”

I read that too, clearly Swanny has tipped him off...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Having a supportive CEO and chairman must be a huge advantage to him, knowing that whatever short term results are like we'll have faith in his methods.
He's settled in Hove and I doubt his family would want to move.
Now when the England job becomes vacant, that may be another thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Between 85 & 95% favourability suggests otherwise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yet AGAIN the sprinkles of boos at the end of the 0-0 Leeds game was brought up in one of the match reports today. :rolleyes:

Naturally the Potter OUT campaign carried on from there, unabated.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course this is a stepping stone for him - as were his previous jobs. Handled properly there is no problem with that. It is also a long term project for him - if he sees that project through, it will be an even better stepping stone, and he'd be able to leave us without rancour. Indeed, we would wish him well.

Of course, if he goes to Saudi United in the autumn when they have a bad start, that would be a different matter.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't know what 'local fan sites' he's referring to but it certainly wasn't NSC. Even taking into account the musings of certain members, support for him on here has always ranged from extremely high to astronomically high.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't now what 'local fan sites' he's referring to but it certainly wasn't NSC. Even taking into account the musings of certain members, support for him on here has always ranged from extremely high to astronomically high.

I'm guessing despite how he wants to portray himself, GPott needs something to butt up against.

But he can't have it both ways.

He can't bask in the glory of Saturday and tell the world:-

'the home fans needed that cos we've been shitehouse all season at The AMEX'.
&
Still swoon to the floor x months after a tiny bit of criticism from less than 10 people.

He runs the risk of being Mourino-lite. (Not a compliment)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I don't know what 'local fan sites' he's referring to but it certainly wasn't NSC. Even taking into account the musings of certain members, support for him on here has always ranged from extremely high to astronomically high.

It's the site in a parallel universe, South Stand Gossip where a load of Swedish fans of the club talk relentlessly about anything and everything while a lone Englishman chips in from time to time with a mix of genuinely impressive insight and provocative 'free thinking'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good on him. He works in football and knows how fickle and opinionated football fans can be.

He is also aware that there have been some negatives from his time in charge. He seems fairly measured so I am sure he won't get too swept away by the positives or downhearted about the negatives.

Hope he stays, things are definitely improving.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He probably should ignore junior and his gang lol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He probably should ignore junior and his gang lol.

I wasn't aware Jnr had a 'get rid' gang.
I have him very much as a lone voice with everyone else at various levels of frustration until you get to Juniors couple of alter egos, who have been equally blinkered, just at the other end of the spectrum.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
to have a manager who says “I enjoy it here” when asked about the Tottenham rumours.

Not saying he won’t go but unlike a certain ex hero he’s not obviously champing at the bit to go to a “big” club

Classy response and he does not appear to be using us as a stepping stone, can’t ask for more from a small club manager imo. Maybe we are no longer “a small club” though

That’s all

Source - today’s Argus - I can only see the headline though

He knows this is the perfect job for him. For now.
He has the backing he needs to increase his profile until he's ready to take a bigger job.

Like Gus, he will reach his "ceiling" here.
Unlike Gus, he will know when it's the right time to move on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When he moves on, I hope he’s ready for the million times higher levels of criticism he’ll face from other sets of fans!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He knows this is the perfect job for him. For now.
He has the backing he needs to increase his profile until he's ready to take a bigger job.

Like Gus, he will reach his "ceiling" here.
Unlike Gus, he will know when it's the right time to move on.

Gus’ Achilles heal was his ego and his desire to get to a big club asap. Potter’s biggest failing so far is offending some fans by very occasionally criticising them imo.

We’ll find out but I doubt GP leaving will be the car crash that Poyet’s turned into

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When he moves on, I hope he’s ready for the million times higher levels of criticism he’ll face from other sets of fans!

Or the knighthood when he wins England the World Cup?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As for his speech, it’s typical self-effacing Potter imho. I’m not reading too much into it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very much so.

It's hard to imagine him going 4 months without a home win, anywhere else, and still have thousands singing his name every home game.
Fixating on the handful of fans who once booed, when he's subsequently admitted they had good reason, isn't a good look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here