Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swap your old shirt for a new one

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'd prefer this to be an amnesty on brining in another teams shirt to get a Brighton one, especially if it was for under 16s or something. Must be a few Ronaldo fan boys wanting to switch allegiance now.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Which bit?

Trading in this season's away shirt/next season's third shirt would be a bit weird....

shirt.png

The wording of the article suggests that we may announce/wear the new kit on the last day of the season against West Ham.

"The announcement of a new season’s kit sees fans rush to get hold of the latest strip, so this year American Express is encouraging fans to give their old shirts a new home.
The Shirt Buy-Back initiative will begin on 23 May after the season’s conclusion in Albion’s final game against West Ham."

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I quite like this idea. Seems an odd way to do it though - why not do it on the match day? I'm sure 250 people will want to do it but having to get to Falmer on a school/working day when there's no parking on the site does create quite a small pool of people able to take advantage of it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Off the back of this could we have a greatest Albion shirt competition similar to the World's Hardest Animal

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Cool scheme. Queued for over an hour and Mrs Earle swapped her green and black striped away shirt for a voucher and I swapped out my 2017 home strip. Eagerly awaiting the new strip. Celebrated with a bacon roll in Dick's Bar. Good morning.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I quite like this idea. Seems an odd way to do it though - why not do it on the match day? I'm sure 250 people will want to do it but having to get to Falmer on a school/working day when there's no parking on the site does create quite a small pool of people able to take advantage of it.

there is plenty of parking on site , the car park between Bennets field and the stadium is open on non-match days for shop visitors

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Car parking today was in the coach park. We strolled up at 11:20 (opened at 11 for shirt swap) and had about a minute's wait. Nearly 150 vouchers had been given out at that time. Hope I like one of the new shirts!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Off the back of this could we have a greatest Albion shirt competition similar to the World's Hardest Animal

This would be a FANTASTIC close-season distraction - just so long as someone other than me organises it. I reckon the iconic late 70s Bukta would take a lot of beating, given the demographic on here and the period in Albion’s history it represents. But I’ve always had a dirty thing for the outrageously sexy all blue British Caledonian one that just feels wrong but I can’t help it.

The red away Phoenix Brewery Adidas shirt could be a surprise package too.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
This would be a FANTASTIC close-season distraction - just so long as someone other than me organises it. I reckon the iconic late 70s Bukta would take a lot of beating, given the demographic on here and the period in Albion’s history it represents. But I’ve always had a dirty thing for the outrageously sexy all blue British Caledonian one that just feels wrong but I can’t help it.

If I had the I.T skills to implement then I would organise myself but I am lacking in that department

Jul 7, 2003

Maybe it should be which retro replica should the club bring out next? You never know, someone in the marketing department may even look at the results and release something people want. Probably split into home and away as well.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm convinced this means we are binning Nike, there is no 'swoosh' on the voucher and the deal with them runs out this year?

Hope I'm not wrong!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm convinced this means we are binning Nike, there is no 'swoosh' on the voucher and the deal with them runs out this year?

Hope I'm not wrong!
Didn't the club confirm that the Hyper Turq will be next season's third kit?

If so, surely that indicates no change in manufacturer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here