Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] International Space Station ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was a unusually clear evening in London tonight. Not a cloud in the sky.

I was looking up at the moon around 6pm and noticed a flash of light very very high up in the sky. It was moving very fast and appeared and disappeared, moving east to west.

Definitely wasn't a plane or an escaped hen night balloon.

I know little of such things, but haven't seen anything like that in London. It was very usually clear.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ball from Ulloa's penalty stupid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was a unusually clear evening in London tonight. Not a cloud in the sky.

I was looking up at the moon around 6pm and noticed a flash of light very very high up in the sky. It was moving very fast and appeared and disappeared, moving east to west.

Definitely wasn't a plane or an escaped hen night balloon.

I know little of such things, but haven't seen anything like that in London. It was very usually clear.

Lots of of satellites passing over……this site is pretty good for identifying them

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lots of of satellites passing over……this site is pretty good for identifying them

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

Probably this, the international space station times make me think it wasn't that.

I grew up in a "dark skies" village in Sussex where you see all sorts. Shooting stars, yeah whatever. Not such in London I'm afraid. The only thing you see in the Sky is the Police helicopter.

I've just moved (150 metres away) and one of things I really miss was the view of plans coming into Heathrow I had from my backyard.

However I'm getting a different view of planes going over the country now.

I was plane watching tonight and have never seen anything like that up here. That said, I can't remember a clearer evening in London.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Probably this, the international space station times make me think it wasn't that.

I grew up in a "dark skies" village in Sussex where you see all sorts. Shooting stars, yeah whatever. Not such in London I'm afraid. The only thing you see in the Sky is the Police helicopter.

I've just moved (150 metres away) and one of things I really miss was the view of plans coming into Heathrow I had from my backyard.

However I'm getting a different view of plans going over the country now.

I was plan watching tonight and have never seen anything like that up here. That said, I can't remember a clearer evening in London.

I always like to see aeroplanes but my plans never work out. Glad you have better plans.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Top right of the image you can see The Amex.....

The city was snapped from aboard the International Space Station (ISS) by astronaut and Brighton University graduate Dr Sultan Al Neyadi.

Sultan, who graduated from the university in 2004, is among a team of astronauts taking part in a six-month expedition on board the ISS.

MBRSC- Brighton -Sultan AlNeyadi.jpg-813x457.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Top right of the image you can see The Amex.....

The city was snapped from aboard the International Space Station (ISS) by astronaut and Brighton University graduate Dr Sultan Al Neyadi.

Sultan, who graduated from the university in 2004, is among a team of astronauts taking part in a six-month expedition on board the ISS.

View attachment 164664

That image shows how laughable the name of our stands are.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Clearly showing the Earth is flat. The conspiracy theorists can chalk that up as a win :moo:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
There is an app for watching the ISS . I was in a pub garden in Worthing a couple of years ago and I called out for everybody to look at the sky. It did not let me down and it arrived dead on time and everyone drunkenly cheered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here