Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] stadium:mk - League One playoffs

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Behind the goal where the away fans are, MK have taken a full block of seats out? Also only given Wycombe the upper tier - separated in two with the middle block closed off. Very strange.

Come on Wycombe! 2-0 up from the first leg

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sky commentators now mentioning the strange ticketing situation

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Stocky still looking.................err stocky :) But to be fair smart save at his near post

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
But what's Stocky doing on that looped header? Seemed to give up on it a little early?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
That was awful from Stockdale - presume he was expecting an offside flag

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Is there a bigger scab in world football than Dean Lewington? 40-odd appearances for Wimbledon, 800+ for MK Dons.

I get that what happened with Wimbledon will be lost on today’s new generation of players, but how someone like Lewington, who was around when the whole thing went down, can see what happened as acceptable and be on board with it is just totally beyond my comprehension.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is there a bigger scab in world football than Dean Lewington? 40-odd appearances for Wimbledon, 800+ for MK Dons.

I get that what happened with Wimbledon will be lost on today’s new generation of players, but how someone like Lewington, who was around when the whole thing went down, can see what happened as acceptable and be on board with it is just totally beyond my comprehension.
Good point well made, this. I get that everyone needs to earn a living but what an absolute twunt.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I dont know... I struggle to dislike someone who plays 800+ games for the same club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But MK Dons? You know the history, right?

Yes, **** MK Dons. But the guy himself... dont see the issue with it. Have to look at it from his perspective: he was 20 and probably wanted to play professional football, preferred it above becoming some poor homeless slob and after a few years he probably felt it was his home, regardless of what people think of his ugly, artificially created club and he has stayed with them ever since in a world where footballers are always hungry for a move to cream out some sign-on fees and fatter contracts. I dont like them, but I have nothing against him. From the articles I've read about him he seems like a nice and sensible bloke.

Not really a surprise to me that you don't actually get it.

No I get it, I just dont agree with it.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Yes, **** MK Dons. But the guy himself... dont see the issue with it. Have to look at it from his perspective: he was 20 and probably wanted to play professional football, preferred it above becoming some poor homeless slob and after a few years he probably felt it was his home, regardless of what people think of his ugly, artificially created club and he has stayed with them ever since in a world where footballers are always hungry for a move to cream out some sign-on fees and fatter contracts. I dont like them, but I have nothing against him. From the articles I've read about him he seems like a nice and sensible bloke.

No I get it, I just dont agree with it.

Nah, I can’t get on board with that. I get that the career of your typical, middleweight professional footballer is different and more complex than that of the average man on the street, but there’s still room for basic principle. I’m a very similar age to Lewington and understood enough about the Wimbledon / MK situation at the time to be appalled by it.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I find the concept of MK Dons fundamentally wrong and I will always struggle to see the views who sympathise with them. It must never be allowed to happen again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here