Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who Did You Come To Watch Yesterday

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Great to see a full stadium yesterday, but it set me wondering who did the people in the usual empty seats come to see. For me it was Brighton first, we could have been playing Oldham, I would have been there. Then Ronaldo, the same as I would always like to see the greats in the game, then thirdly Man U as per my first point. Anyone disagree?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great to see a full stadium yesterday, but it set me wondering who did the people in the usual empty seats come to see. For me it was Brighton first, we could have been playing Oldham, I would have been there. Then Ronaldo, the same as I would always like to see the greats in the game, then thirdly Man U as per my first point. Anyone disagree?

I came to watch you get in a froth about the stadium being fuller and having a better atmosphere than normal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I came to watch the Albion as I have all season, HOWEVER, I’d be lying if I wasn’t excited about seeing Ronaldo play at the Amex, arguably one of the greatest players to have graced the game.

That said I was even more excited when Dunk faked a clearance which said greatest ever player fell for, got a booking, then jumped straight back in Lewis’s pocket. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I came after the Gross double Cryff turn with a back heel.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clearly the announced record Amex attendance was purely down to Ronaldo. Very many football tourists, including many of our own. Was this season's Golden Ticket, and unlikely to be surpassed for many years to come. And absolutely nowt wrong with that (says the bloke who's flown into and out of Cristiano Ronaldo international airport and who has paid 5 euros to go into the aircraft-hanger-sized CR7 museum of glittering prizes)

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta feel for those that went to see CR7.

Just a poor man's Mike Trusson.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clearly the announced record Amex attendance was purely down to Ronaldo. Very many football tourists, including many of our own. Was this season's Golden Ticket, and unlikely to be surpassed for many years to come. And absolutely nowt wrong with that (says the bloke who's flown into and out of Cristiano Ronaldo international airport and who has paid 5 euros to go into the aircraft-hanger-sized CR7 museum of glittering prizes)

The stadium having a higher capacity this season helps.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tho doesn't come anywhere close to accounting for yesterday's Ronaldo Football Tourism. Neither Man City nor Liverpool visits this season could hope to match the Ronaldo Football Tourist footfall

Have you not listened to Manchester/London based football writers over the your lifetime, Manure are THE world's biggest club?

That would explain the 163 additional pretendance over Liverpool's visit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I certainly never go to an Albion game wanting to watch anyone from the opposition. Excited to see Ronaldo, not in the slightest.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was looking forward to seeing Ronaldo, though that was secondary to just watching the Albion.

My Dad mentioned having seen Stanley Matthews playing for Stoke back in the day, so I guess this sort of thing isn't new.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I certainly never go to an Albion game wanting to watch anyone from the opposition. Excited to see Ronaldo, not in the slightest.

Definitely, although I must say that footage of him laughing in disbelief as we put away a fourth goal might be one of my favourite moments of the season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Definitely, although I must say that footage of him laughing in disbelief as we put away a fourth goal might be one of my favourite moments of the season.

3rd goal :rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Delighted to see Ronaldo…….……get owned, fluff a free kick into the NS, fall for a Dunk trick and get booked, shank a shot into the SS and be reduced to laughing at what he and his expensively-assembled bunch of prima donnas were reduced to by a #teamlikeBrighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here